• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The washing machine has been activated! Bedding, as I changed the bed last night
    The WM cottons run completed, was hung out on the line, brought in, and tumbled for half an hour to soften it up a bit.

The dual circuit radiant cooker ring that's been fecked up for five years or more has been replaced with the one recovered from the post office this morning.

It's getting darker & darker here so maybe we're in for a shower or two.

Just been looking for further supplies of the uv sensitive pcb material I rather like.

Naturally enough it appears that it's now like hen's teeth.

Never mind, I've probably got enough tucked away to see me out.

I used to buy it from Rapid Electronics but they seem to have discontinued it.

I remember reading that the replacement stuff they stocked wasn't up to much, so maybe that's been discontinued too.

Farnell & RS, much the same.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 May 2019, 13:56.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        It's getting darker & darker here so maybe we're in for a shower or two.
        It got extremely dark here, as if some mighty tempest was in the offing. Then there was a bit of a shower, and it went back to moderately dull greyness

Comment

Turns out I'm going to the pub tonight, so I'll have to startle the Chinese by turning up early.

Comment

Raining in Villefranche sur Mer. Bloody weather Dogs pissing with my brain.

Quick exit...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

It got extremely dark here, as if some mighty tempest was in the offing. Then there was a bit of a shower, and it went back to moderately dull greyness
              Nothing transpired here, so I've spent the remainder of the afternoon gardening.

How the feck do brambles and goosegrass grow so fast?

Stuff that wasn't there 8 weeks ago is as thick as my thumb now.

Fortunately the earth is so dry that most of the weeds come up very easily.

Other than the brambles of course.

Once I've recovered, tea/dinner this evening will be liver, bacon, and onion gravy.

However I'm totally knackered again so a pregnant pause, hiatus, or interstitial delay is required to avoid collapse.

I could surprise the Chinese up the road but it's not really my sort of thing.

Comment

On the entertainment apparatus tonight, I started with Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005).

Having been left in search of a story, I then turned to Dirty Harry (1971)

And then, as I've been meaning to rewatch it for years but somehow never have, S1E1 (as we didn't call it in those days) of Fawlty Towers: A Touch of Class. Glorious stuff, as fresh today as it was when I first watched it in 1975
                I rather liked Mr & Mrs Smith, ridiculous as it might have been, it was quite amusing.

Mr Callaghan has been viewed to death over the last 48 years, I'm very nearly word perfect, and it does make you wonder how it would have turned out if Mr Francis Sinatra had played him instead.

It's as surreal a thought as that of Sinatra coming out with the immortal line "Yippee ki yay, mother****er" instead of Bruce Willis.

Fawlty Towers just is.

Comment

chicken, prawn and chorizo paella for dinner.

very tasty.

and a nice rioja.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

In the Chinese
                      And very nice too, as usual

The road seemed very busy as I was walking up, but I never normally go out at that time so I wasn't sure if that was normal. However, I was told that the rugby had just finished, which must account for it.

Quite a nice evening now, what's left of it. Looks like I won't need my big coat for the amble to the pub and back

Comment

Working...
                      X