• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know that thing we’re you go to a village fete and buy a cask of beer for £40 then invite your neighbours round to drink it?

No?

Just me then...
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

As predicted, this evening's meal turned out to be Liver, Bacon, with onion and mushroom gravy, which is a first, largely brought about by rather stupidly cooking the bacon, onions & mushrooms in the same pan.

Tasted ok, though I put rather too much chili pepper in with the flour which spiced things up rather more than expected.

The liver was a pack, Morrisons, reduced, that had festered rather a long time in the freezer and was distinctly past its best.

The evening's entertainment began with the final 45 minutes of "The Conversation (1974)" with Gene Hackman, which was mildly interesting.

Following this was "The Grey (2011)" with Liam Neeson, which is definitely a bit of a downer.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You know that thing we’re you go to a village fete and buy a cask of beer for £40 then invite your neighbours round to drink it?

No?

Just me then...

For ATW!

Rebellion Roasted Nuts - Rebellion Brewery

INKSPE

just hire a bar

Party - Malt The Brewery
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

From the finest local purveyor of fish & chips (with the nicest staff) a portion of cod & chips washed down with Perry.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Back from the pub after a pleasant session discussing a stolen Orion, the remarkable detail in 18 megapixel photos of Yorkshire, cheap stuff from Aldi in the context of Viz Comic, and other such matters of moment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Back from the pub after a pleasant session discussing a stolen Orion, the remarkable detail in 18 megapixel photos of Yorkshire, cheap stuff from Aldi in the context of Viz Comic, and other such matters of moment
              DOH! Not 18 megapixels; my photographer friend has been testing a new thing that took ~180 megapixel photos, which is a LOT of megapixels

Well, I think that's what it was, though I might have remembered incorrectly. It might just be 130 megapixels, but the number 180 rings a bell

Anyway, it's loads.

Moving on, my post-pub entertainment was a rewatch of The Accountant (2016), which is without doubt one of my favourite action films for reasons I find hard to define but which work for me

Goodnight all

Comment

morning

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

No discernible precipitation.

Dozed until 09:10 this morning.

All that gardening must have worn me out.

Not that the sleep was particularly deep all in all but there you go.

The radio went on at 05:15, just in time for the World Service to transmogrify into R4.

Comment

Morning all tidying up after last night’s gathering. A bit overcast and there was the odd spot of rain when we went for a short walk earlier.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Today's Sunday lunch was roast beef (purchased 18/12/18 and residing thereafter in the freezer).

It was nice enough.

Also simmering on the newly repaired dual circuit radiant ring is a large saucepan of lentil <pfffft> soup.

Listened to an interesting programme on R4 about living on a desert island.

"Stranded! How to eat on a desert island.The Food Programme"

BBC Radio 4 - The Food Programme, Stranded! How to eat on a desert island.

Comment

Working...
                      X