• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Mystery solved. Mrs BP filled up her car Friday. With my card. Did not tell me.

Asda kept £99 block on card. It was me turning up Saturday that caused her chrage to go through.

Why can't Asda put it through immediately?
    That's a weird one

Comment

Brightened up a bit out there now, after a showery afternoon

Shame really, as I was going to use the rain as an excuse not to bother taking all these magazines to the recycling, but now I suppose I ought to

Comment

There's an IT job with the British Antarctic Survey on Jobserve: "This role will involve regular periods of time in the polar regions so the successful candidate will need to be comfortable with remote working… and participate in training to include but not limited to: Advanced 1st aid, Search and rescue, Aircraft fire fighting, Breathing apparatus and Major incident response."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          There's an IT job with the British Antarctic Survey on Jobserve: "This role will involve regular periods of time in the polar regions so the successful candidate will need to be comfortable with remote working… and participate in training to include but not limited to: Advanced 1st aid, Search and rescue, Aircraft fire fighting, Breathing apparatus and Major incident response."
          sounds great! - about 30 years too late for me, though

Comment

I would so love to have a go at that. Not a fan of the cold though. Or people in close quarters for extended periods of time.

On second thoughts...

Comment

managed half of a pukka steak pie for dinner.
              maybe the lurgy's easing up.

Comment

The Wife (tm) has left me... for a week.

For some reason I thought the champions league final was tonight, so I got some beers out, made myself some dinner and sat down.
                Springwatch gets better after the second pint.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  The Wife (tm) has left me... for a week.

For some reason I thought the champions league final was tonight, so I got some beers out, made myself some dinner and sat down.
                  Springwatch gets better after the second pint.
                  nice bit of planning then, -you a PM by any chance??

Comment

Brightened up a bit out there now, after a showery afternoon

Shame really, as I was going to use the rain as an excuse not to bother taking all these magazines to the recycling, but now I suppose I ought to
                    Done, and I resisted the temptation to pop into Sainsbury's while I was there as I'd only have bought junk food I don't actually need

The car needed filling though.

That's around, I dunno, six feet or a bit more gone. Once the computer magazines got really thick in the 1990s, they got pretty heavy; I'm sure they weigh more than the same footage of older magazines. Maybe I should weigh some of them before they're all gone. Or maybe I can't be bothered

Comment

The car needed filling though.
                      Incidentally, the Corolla reached 129921 when I was on the way to London for the Boring Conference the other week, then 130000 and 130031 on the way back

And when I was doing the shopping last week it reached 130130

Comment

Working...
                      X