• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Incidentally, the Corolla reached 129921 when I was on the way to London for the Boring Conference the other week, then 130000 and 130031 on the way back

And when I was doing the shopping last week it reached 130130
    you REALLY ought to get out more, you know

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      nice bit of planning then, -you a PM by any chance??
      No, I don’t have a window in my stomach so I can see out.

(Speaking of really old jokes, I saw one the other day which I thought you might like...

King Billy had a rubber horse, which he rode into the Battle of the Boyne, Boyne, Boyne

)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

the Boring Conference the other week, ...
        I’ve not seen any podcast updates - was hoping to get some more talks to listen to. I referred a PM to one of them from last year as it explained something he didn’t understand why it was so important.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          you REALLY ought to get out more, you know
          The car had done about 50000 when I got it, so I've clearly got out quite a bit

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I’ve not seen any podcast updates - was hoping to get some more talks to listen to. I referred a PM to one of them from last year as it explained something he didn’t understand why it was so important.
            Just checked James Ward's Twitter timeline and he hasn't mentioned any new ones recently; must be on a break

There's a Boring Talk on stationery (the subject of his book, published the other year) at the British Library next week, though: Boring Talks: Stationery - The British Library

Comment

Just checked James Ward's Twitter timeline and he hasn't mentioned any new ones recently; must be on a break

There's a Boring Talk on stationery (the subject of his book, published the other year) at the British Library next week, though: Boring Talks: Stationery - The British Library
              Thanks.

I’ve still got several NSTAAF episodes to catch up on along (rumour has it that Anna drinks a bottle of wine before each one to calms her nerves) with a few other podcasts, but I like to alternate.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

There's some kind of activity over at the short-lived shawarma place, but whether it's shopfitting or actual trading I can't tell, as the horse chestnut is in leaf and almost completely obstructing my view

Comment

Tonight's story of American greatness was a rewatch of Patriots Day (2016), concerning the Boston Marathon bombing and the ensuing manhunt. It's good for a film of that sort, IMHO; the way Mark Wahlberg's fictional, composite character manages to turn up in every single significant part of the story apparently didn't sit well with many Bostonians, but for the rest of us it's just the usual only-slightly-grating narrative device.

The flight from Tenerife to EMA earlier did a u-turn at 7000ft in front of my window (confirmed by the FlightRadar app on my phone) which was an unusual thing to see. I suspect they thought they were going to land at the western end of the runway, which I think is what brings them this way, then got told to use the eastern end instead and had to head over towards Rutland to get themselves in the right alignment

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

A bit murky out, but at least it's not raining.

Comment

That's a weird one
                      Me or MrsBP?

Comment

Working...
                      X