• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The project, if it happens, will involve making bits of t'internet so that shouldn't be a problem
    Then you have the tpd blessing!

Though I don't like all this arctic surveys about global warming. They tend to cause global warming. Why not just stay home?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Then you have the tpd blessing!

Though I don't like all this arctic surveys about global warming. They tend to cause global warming. Why not just stay home?
      Where did arctic surveys come into it?

The stuff I'll be doing with the Canadians, if it happens, is to do with standardising mapping APIs on the web. The long term goal is to have support for the kinds of things Google Maps or Bing Maps - or, indeed, the excellent old Ordnance Survey maps site of the National Library of Scotland - can do built into the browser, removing the need to download a bunch of JavaScript and generally making maps work better

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        ... the excellent old Ordnance Survey maps site of the National Library of Scotland ...

Just spent some time on there and discovered that the rear porch of our house, which I thought was built in the 1950s, appears on a map from 1913. Also, my main shed is a lot smaller than the old building that was in the same location.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Just spent some time on there and discovered that the rear porch of our house, which I thought was built in the 1950s, appears on a map from 1913. Also, my main shed is a lot smaller than the old building that was in the same location.
          Shed extended to bury more cyclists?

Comment

standardising mapping APIs on the web ... old Ordnance Survey maps site of the National Library of Scotland

Excellent, I like mappy stuff. Been looking at old maps meself recently, trying to find ways of claiming some old footpaths round here before we lose em.

No expert but there is already a surprising commonality with API & add ins for various browsers.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              productive morning then
              Productive, no

Billable, yes!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Shed extended to bury more cyclists?

Back then they must have buried them down there. That would explain why my rhubarb grows so well.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Productive, no

Billable, yes!
                  KerCHING!!!!!

Comment

Fish finger bap (wholemeal) for lunch, with red sauce

*Awaits onslaught of denizens proclaiming the merits of tartare sauce, wasabi, etc.*

Comment

Had an agent phone me up. The usual spiel. wants to know where I currently am, etc, and have I moved on since... Then proceeds to mention a contract I did about 8 years ago in the US and an inneresting part of England.

Then they do a sales pitch - would I be interested in cross-training to SAP?

No, I've heard this one a few times before. You pay for "discounted" training, then get some of the money back if you work through the agency at a really low rate.

Comment

Working...
                      X