• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

test please delete

Last year I took some photos for friends at their wedding. It wasn’t work, it was enjoyable, and I had no issue with doing it as a present for them. Apart from thanking me with wine, food, etc, they surprised me last weekend. They’d got an artist to do a portrait of The Dog (tw).

I’m so chuffed with it, and the artist has it on her website.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      must arrange a perch for the frogs.
      Do frogs eat fish?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Last year I took some photos for friends at their wedding. It wasn’t work, it was enjoyable, and I had no issue with doing it as a present for them. Apart from thanking me with wine, food, etc, they surprised me last weekend. They’d got an artist to do a portrait of The Dog (tw).

I’m so chuffed with it, and the artist has it on her website.
        That's really nice

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Do frogs eat fish?
          Hat. Hat. Hat.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Having difficulty in getting my head around an Arnie epic being "Art" but there you go. .
            I vaguely remember reading something about the original being some kind of allegory for something or other which made it better than the remake, but I can't remember any details of the argument and didn't think much of it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I vaguely remember reading something about the original being some kind of allegory for something or other which made it better than the remake, but I can't remember any details of the argument and didn't think much of it anyway
              Ah.

An allegory.

That would explain my feelings of in which case

After the unexpected doze during the News Quiz I've been reading more of "The Enemies Within" by Richard Davenport Hines.

I'd like to say it is gripping but it's a bit dry if I'm honest.

But feck me there's been a lot of traitors over the years.

<hiatus whilst other stuff got done>

There we are, the bits & pieces I ordered from Rapid have been consigned to the stores in what passes for the office in the front room.

£800 of electronic parts.

I bet most will be dumped after I'm dead.

Looking, as ever, on the bright side.

Tea/dinner this evening was liver, bacon and onion gravy.

It was unusually nice.

I read in the paper about a different technique for cooking the bacon and it seemed to improve things a bit though it still wasn't crispy.

The liver, being a good deal fresher, was very nice.

I may have neglected to mention that I watched "Sudden Impact" "The Dead Pool" during the week, it being the one of the DH oevre for which I'm not word perfect.

Another epic was "Ultraviolet" which I found uninspiring and I still haven't watched the deleted scenes which are purported to explain stuff.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 June 2019, 17:40.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Comment

That's Samuel Pepys' diary for 1661 done and dusted. On to 1662

Comment

chicken arabiata a la jockinese for whatever.

pretty tasty IIDSSM.

watching a thing about planets with professor pippin.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      That's Samuel Pepys' diary for 1661 done and dusted. On to 1662
                      Intriguing. Does he write about his lunch, the weather, and putting the bins out?

Comment

Working...
                      X