• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of the ClientCo's ISP's network has gone TU.

No one told the people who were working tonight that it had happened, or that anything was going on to fix it.

So ClientCo staff phone me to find out what's up with "the system".

I check my end, and all connections are working normally. Then I find out about the technical issue with the network, and relay the information back.

It's going to be a fun evening.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No telly tonight, apart from some paramedic stuff with my meal, but more of Pepys' Diary; wherein, on the 5th of March 1662, he "sat looking over my papers of my voyage when we fetched over the King*, and tore so many of those that were worth nothing, as filled my closet as high as my knees. I stayed doing this till 10 at night; and so home and to bed." Presumably he later took them down to a recycling bin behind the shop of Jn. Sainsbury Esq.

Goodnight all

* aka the Restoration of the Monarchy, though "when we fetched over the King" sounds jollier in my view

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        In other other news, yesterday's surfeit of cruciferous wegetables has made its 3rd exit of the day.
        It managed a 4th at half past midnight.

Morning.

Damp.

Some little precipitation.

Grey. Very grey.

Cooler side of not very warm.

Tuesday.

Off to Newport today to visit the passport office.

Deep & abiding joy, not.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
          Well that was a shortish night. ker-ching.
          But their system is working again, purely a network issue, so I get paid to have done nothing but send a few emails and make a few calls.

I could be a PM, if I were a bit more useless.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            In other news, a trip to Cardiff to see my Sister has given rise to revelations about a GF of some 25 years ago.

Funny how things turn out.

It would appear that she did, in fact, love me.
            Did you love her?

Comment

I had to fix a XSS vulnerability. QA reported it was still there on UAT.

I had committed and pushed. But not merged from my dev branch to master.

Comment

Morning denizens

Mild and grey out, with some showers earlier and more due, though nothing torrential it seems

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Did you love her?
                  Well I asked her to marry me so I must have been slightly insane.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning.

dull and grey.

tuesday.

Comment

Started dull, grey and raining but seems to be clearing up here in Manchester.

Comment

Working...
                      X