• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I am given to understand that there is 6 whole weeks more of the current joy of Tory bastardy.

I'll be hanging from something before then at this rate.
    To help take your mind off it, links are up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        morning

hissing it dahn in sodden sarf herts.
        Blues skies and sunny here in Weegieland
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In a frenzied burst of activity, the slow cooker has been activated and is now brewing up tonight's culinary masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Llandudno associated with "Purple Aki". Who apparently is a criminal.

Seems a tad unfair but those are the rules I suppose.

Comment

A co-worker has a message on skype. Please don't just say hello No Hello.

I think I might just ping him and say hello. Pretentious @2. But then I might have to engage with him.....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Is it too early for? Yes it is. Bacon roll + HP and a coffee will set me up for in-flight breakfast
                on that note, lunch has been 4 rashers of back bacon on thick wholemeal bread, with, yes, you guessed it, - HP sauce!

and 2x 400ml cups of earl grey tea to wash it down.

might have a nap, now.

Comment

Lunch turned out to be scrambled egg on toast (brown, Morrisons, seeded) alongside a Morrisons mini porkpie (reduced) slathered with Heinz sweet chili sauce, followed by a prune yoghurt and another ibuprofen tablet.

Two mugs of tea and a new book to read, to whit: "The Abolition of Britain" by Peter Hitchens.

A good tome to harrumph along to in a Colonel Blimpish sort of way, don't you know.

I may have to make an appointment to see someone about the back problems since the ibuprofen doesn't seem to be touching it over much.

Ah, I see we now need to measure the quantity of tea consumed, it being, of course, of the Glengettie variety or blend, and which I have just done: the two mugs being equivalent to 20 floz or 1 pint.

HTH.

Actually slightly more but there you go.

None of these foreign Frenchified measurements here.

Proper Whitworth nuts & bolts too.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 June 2019, 12:09.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not long now until Countdown finals: -

Series 80 - Countdown

I hope Fiona Titcombe - Countdown wins.

Comment

Too lazy to take much trouble over lunch after the hectic slow-cookery earlier, so I just had a few cocktail sausages and a bag of crisps (plain)

Comment

Working...
                      X