• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every time I walk into the living room, my eye is caught by the open space between the armchairs and the fire and TV. I don't think I've ever managed to combine so much free space into one area in all the time I've lived here. I can walk up and down in it!

Comment

Anyway, back to AWS, where I'm working out how to create and assign permissions to a Lambda function from scratch, as the step-by-step thing in the AWS console never seems to do it quite right

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Too lazy to take much trouble over lunch after the hectic slow-cookery earlier, so I just had a few cocktail sausages and a bag of crisps (plain)
        May I say that, speaking as a Doctor, I admire the healthiness of your diet.

May I also say that the murrain of beasts has, indeed, arrived, if only briefly so far.

I should be out in the garden doing stuff but I'm strangely unconcerned at my lack of endeavour in these matters.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 June 2019, 13:51.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The aroma from the slow cooker is starting to drift through the flat, tormenting me with the knowledge that it won't be ready for another five hours or so

Comment

As it's too wet for walking been looking at auto generating family tree from gedcom file with jscript.

Using a House of Stewart example to work with and it's more complicated than I thought due to multiple wives and cousin marriage. I presume most heritage apps have limits on extent of inbreeding they cater for.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              As it's too wet for walking been looking at auto generating family tree from gedcom file with jscript.

Using a House of Stewart example to work with and it's more complicated than I thought due to multiple wives and cousin marriage. I presume most heritage apps have limits on extent of inbreeding they cater for.
              Try sticking the Spanish Hapsburgs in there: Inbreeding & the downfall of the Spanish Hapsburgs

Comment

Try sticking the Spanish Hapsburgs in there: Inbreeding & the downfall of the Spanish Hapsburgs
                I've heard of that and how ugly they were as a result. Only cousins though, could be worse, somebody having offspring with their great grand dad would be really hard to automate in jscript.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

No need to get lippy about it.

In other news, the afternoon has been spent sorting out piles of unsorted tulipe from various pension companies, the LPGS lot, the State Pension lot, Denplan, whatever the replacement for Denplan is, and abundant other crap.

The forecast rain, hail, sleet, slow, murrain of beast and "Mae hi'n bwrw hen wragedd a ffyn" has come to pass, with a very impressive clap of thunder just now.

It's very dark out there.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sainsbury's have got quite a nice red wine at the moment. In Big Sainsbury's it's marked up at £14 or so, but in the Sainsbury's Local over the road it's £16.50

But someone has blundered, and when rung up at the till in Sainsbury's Local, it comes up as only £6

I've bought several bottles since discovering their mistake

Comment

Sainsbury's have got quite a nice red wine at the moment. In Big Sainsbury's it's marked up at £14 or so, but in the Sainsbury's Local over the road it's £16.50

But someone has blundered, and when rung up at the till in Sainsbury's Local, it comes up as only £6

I've bought several bottles since discovering their mistake
                      tea leaf.

Comment

Working...
                      X