• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's persisted it down a goodun' all day today. My plants will probably drown from the shock cos they're used to dying from drought.

Comment

I see there's a programme about Dodgy Agent's masturbation fantasy on BBC2.

<hiatus>

Goodness me.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 June 2019, 20:28.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

'She was in there for an hour': Angus woman gets stuck inside children's toy car - The Courier

Amused me slightly.

Comment

Slow cooked dinner has been served: beef pot roast, with roast spuds and peas and Yorkshire puds, and an awesome gravy

I started out by seasoning the shoulder of beef then browning it really thoroughly all over. While that was going on, I chopped up a carrot, bit of celery, onion, and a few cloves of garlic and chucked them in the slow cooker with a bunch of thyme, a bunch of rosemary, a bay leaf, and a good slug of red wine. Stuck the browned meat on top, closed the lid, and put it on low for eight hours.

By halfway through, lots of liquid had come out of the joint and was blending nicely with all the other stuff. Once it was cooked I hoiked it out and stuck it in the oven with the spuds for ten minutes, just to dry off the outside and re-crisp it slightly, then put it in foil to rest.

Meanwhile, I sieved the liquid and set half of it aside for another day, then made gravy with the rest, reducing it to a little under half of its previous volume in the process.

It all turned out very rich and flavoursome

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              tea leaf.
              offer and acceptance !
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's viewing was the rest of the first series (or season, but I reckon the French probably think as we do about such matters) of Spiral, aka Engrenages.

Meanwhile, it's been raining very heavily, with strong winds to boot. It turns out that with the superhearing my hearing aids give me, the back yard has a lot to offer; what with the rain falling on the yard, the gutters leaking or overflowing, the roof of the lean-to against the old stable, and most noticeably the various aspects of the doctor's fire escape shedding overflow, it's a bit like having an avant garde percussion orchestra out there. I popped my head out of the back kitchen window just to listen to it all several times

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Is the millenium untaken?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Is the millenium untaken?
                      tpd has cyhanged a bit

Comment

Working...
                      X