test please delete test please delete - Page 31315
Page 31315 of 31458 FirstFirst ... 30315308153121531265313053131331314313153131631317313253136531415 ... LastLast
Posts 313,141 to 313,150 of 314573

More fingers than teeth

The Shawshank Redemption was one of best films ever IMO.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Godlike

morning

quite pleasant this morning
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

My post count is Majestic

Morning denizens

Fairly overcast but mild out there today

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I've never watched it too, though a copy resides somewhere in one of the enormous piles of unwatched epics.
    It's well worth a watch when you're in the right mood, i.e. not in need of explosions, car chases, monsters etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    The Shawshank Redemption was one of best films ever IMO.
    See, Xog says so too

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Fairly overcast but mild out there today

It's well worth a watch when you're in the right mood, i.e. not in need of explosions, car chases, monsters etc.

See, Xog says so too

I bought a Steve Austin epic this morning.

It's probably more in line with my current needs.

Meanwhile the shirts have been done, the denim pass is in the TD, and the cottons are waitiing to go out on the line.

Or more likely, to go in the TD in due course.

Some on the line, while the bath towel & hand towel are in the TD since they tend to resemble sandpaper if dried on the line.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15th June 2019 at 12:25.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Sausages in rolls for lunch

The weather thing says "showers", and the back yard does appear damp so there must have been one. But it seems the main ones aren't due till teatime.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sausages in rolls for lunch

The weather thing says "showers", and the back yard does appear damp so there must have been one. But it seems the main ones aren't due till teatime.
    Sunny here.

Everything out of the TD.

Roller towel still on the line since it doesn't much mater how harsh that gets, not that it gets harsh anyway.

I'm about to go down the garden to see if I can make a start on the pigsty project.

I may be some time.

Sunny here.

I'm about to go down the garden to see if I can make a start on the pigsty project.

I may be some time.
    In fact, as long as that.

Much moving of tin sheets and accumulated weeds and such like, plus some kindling that I'd obviously put there many years ago and completely forgotten about.

There's a metal dustbin which will replace the now defunct incinerator which has finally reached the stage of falling to bits.

There's a 25 litre drum part full of "something" that I've not investigated too thoroughly.

And there seems to be a fair amount of sand, presumably building sand, that might do to lighten the lawn and discourage the moss a bit.

The brick walls of said pig sties seem to be standing up ok but building them up another 3 feet will be interesting from the looks of it.

Other than that it's a lovely sunny afternoon apart from listening to Weekend Woman's Hour with their usual jolly subjects of conversation.

Her Next Door has been called away as her mother has had a suspected heart attack.

I have no idea if the brave little soldier has gone with her to offer moral support or whether he's doing his usual thing of wandering about in his dressing gown coz he's so tired.

Sunny here too now; everything outside is still pretty soggy from a number of heavy showers earlier, but it's quite mild and pleasant out there

These facts determined during an amble up to the Amazon Locker, to collect the new Dylan 14-CD box set of Rolling Thunder Revue material

Stone me, you must be his number one fan.

Have I mentioned that lunch was a Ginsters Cornish Pasty (reduced) with Heinz baked beans on Morrisons Pumpkin seeded bread (reduced).

Tea/dinner was some of that chili spag bol that I made a week or so ago.

Fortunately it was bol rather than chili con carne which is also infesting the freezer from early this week.

Must remember to buy more spag on tomorrow's shopping trip.

Stone me, you must be his number one fan.
    Stiff competition for that title, including Professor Sir Christopher Ricks, with whom I had a chat about bootlegs during a break in a talk on Dylan that he gave at my university one evening in 1981