test please delete test please delete - Page 31324
Page 31324 of 31579 FirstFirst ... 30324308243122431274313143132231323313243132531326313343137431424 ... LastLast
Posts 313,231 to 313,240 of 315788

Morning.

Grey. (There's a shock).

Raining. (Well quelle surprise).

Coolish.

Bonfire seems to have got through the great pile of crap quite successfully, aside from the bits that fell off the side.

Off out for coffee with the old lags coffee meeting at lunch time.

Well there's a thing then.

WTF do I do with this ghastly lily thing?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

My post count is Majestic

Morning denizens

Grey, mild at around 16°C, and only a vague chance of rain this afternoon. Dunno what the weather's coming to

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

WTF do I do with this ghastly lily thing?
    I unwrapped it & watered it.

That should kill it.

Now in with the hoi polloi.

Upstairs today since there are fewer people in here and none of the pcs are prebooked.

Contractor Among Contractors

Morning all. Grey and muggy here.

CovPuss II is now doing fine sans one eye. He's wearing the cone of shame for another week or so until the stitches come out.

Well, here I sit "W"FH. So far the work seems to consist of more sifting through spreadsheets to uncover the details that the client's permies can't find, and asking the right people for information.

It's easy enough but I've been doing this and looking at these four walls since October last year. There's another 9 months lined up. I'm not complaining too much but it does get depressing, and tbqh I feel like I'm becoming deskilled at the technical networks stuff. The job I'm doing now is the one which seems to pay well but lacks the bits of the jobs which first got me interested in networks and how they work. I might be called a network architect but spreadsheet searching monkey and general detective seems closer to the mark.

How do the rest of you cope with a. being deskilled and b. WFH long term?

This morning's main entertainment was a trip to the hospital to be fitted with a CPAP machine. With any luck this will help me get some decent sleep.

The test results showed that I average 33 apnoeas per hour, which is in severe OSA territory and might explain why I've been feeling shattered and tulipty for the last year or more.

TykeLike

Quote Originally Posted by covbob View Post
    This morning's main entertainment was a trip to the hospital to be fitted with a CPAP machine. With any luck this will help me get some decent sleep.

The test results showed that I average 33 apnoeas per hour, which is in severe OSA territory and might explain why I've been feeling shattered and tulipty for the last year or more.
    MrsMac keeps telling me I need to see the Dr about my sleep, can you give a 30 second summary of the process so far
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by covbob View Post
    How do the rest of you cope with a. being deskilled and b. WFH long term?
    Having been completely and utterly deskilled by Ye Sloughe of Desponde, I retired.

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMac View Post
    MrsMac keeps telling me I need to see the Dr about my sleep, can you give a 30 second summary of the process so far
    Have a glance at Home - Sleep Apnoea Trust

For me the process was...

Mrs CB moans about my snoring, and I've been shattered for the past year despite getting decent amounts of sleep - to the point of not being able to get up before 9 whereas once I'd be bouncing out of bed at 6 ready for work.
    Recorded myself on my iPhone sleep app for a couple of nights - heard snores ending in gasping.
    Go to see GP, describe symptoms. Confirmed that I've overweight, which is a risk factor. GP advised me not to drive due to the excessive tiredness. We went through the Epworth Sleepiness Scale (Google it) which came out as "excessive" - which meant she had to advise me not to drive.
    Had bloods taken to rule out thyroid or other problems.
    Referred to the sleep clinic at the local hospital - initially seen within three weeks.
    Spent one night wearing an oxomiter on my finger and returned it to the hospital next day.
    Results were analysed and showed 33 apnoeas - rated as severe.
    I now have a CPAP machine which should keep my airways open during the night and mean I sleep better.
    I have a follow up appointment next month to see a consultant.

My post count is Majestic

Chicken and barley soup for lunch, with both wholemeal and white toast (there being only one crust of brown bread left). Very nice, it was