• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The rain has been, and has now stopped, and is expected to resume some time overnight. Still no thunderstorms, but we live in hope…
    Still raining here so I lit a nice bonfire, working on the principle that since it's dark no one can see me doing it.

The meal was nice enough if you like tapas.

Got a retirement present of a hideous lily flower thing and a bottle of single malt, this last will keep the many other bottles of single malt company in the cupboard.

Having been busy all evening there has been no televisual entertainment whatsoever.

But tomorrow is the Summer of Rockets thing, and on Thursday there's the Good Place, which is usually fairly amusing.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TV here was a bit of something on iPlayer about a nasty Russian prison whilst eating, and later another episode of S2 of Spiral/Engrenages.

Feeling quite tired this evening, and it looks as if northern France and the Channel are getting all the thunderstorm action; so I'm going to call it a day

Goodnight all

Comment

a trip to Lidl for a battery powered multi tool to join my battery angle grinder & SDS drill , all of which are just the ticket for those quick jobs.

#CantHave2ManyTools

Tonight food was Cod & chips ala the Fish emporium and employer of Miss V 1&2.

TV was MI Rogue Nation.

IT fun was Graphviz drawing some DB tables.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Good morning fine people

A bit chilly, grey and overcast today. Rain is forecast at some point.

Comment

Morning all murky here.
            Heavy rain last night mixed with some thunder, but it's calmed down now.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Tepid. Damp. Grey.

Last nights TV was enlivened by coming across Happy! on Netflix.

Very funny, very violent, very dark, very weird.

Had to stop after 3 episodes to avoid binging the lot instead of sleeping.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning.

Grey. (There's a shock).

Raining. (Well quelle surprise).

Coolish.

Bonfire seems to have got through the great pile of crap quite successfully, aside from the bits that fell off the side.

Off out for coffee with the old lags coffee meeting at lunch time.

Well there's a thing then.

WTF do I do with this ghastly lily thing?

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, mild at around 16°C, and only a vague chance of rain this afternoon. Dunno what the weather's coming to

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

WTF do I do with this ghastly lily thing?
                    I unwrapped it & watered it.

That should kill it.

Now in with the hoi polloi.

Upstairs today since there are fewer people in here and none of the pcs are prebooked.

Comment

Morning all. Grey and muggy here.

CovPuss II is now doing fine sans one eye. He's wearing the cone of shame for another week or so until the stitches come out.

Comment

Working...
                      X