• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apart from the end of the Russian prison thing and the start of something about the Shah of Iran on iPlayer during tea, no telly tonight. Sam Pepys' diary instead

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      At 16, my then boyfriend and I happened across some similar looking fungi. We ate them.

We didn't end up high, but we didn't end up dead either.

I guess that was a win.
      A friend of mine in Swansea used to go magic mushroom picking on the Gower. Apparently they are only magic if you cook them.

He left Berkshire in 1981 for Swansea. And never moved back. Who can blame him?

Comment

Morning all

Most mushrooms in the UK will not kill you, but many don’t have much flavour so aren’t worth eating. Some such as the bitter bolete, taste so bad that you can’t eat them - but aren’t poisonous.
        Others e.g. fly agaric, are poisonous, but if prepared very carefully can be hallucinogenic (allegedly). A useful rule of thumb is to avoid mushrooms with warts on the head or that at their base look like they have burst out of an egg. These are the easiest identifiers of Amanita (which includes fly agaric and the death cap), all of which are nasty.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

PM from another LC victim threatening suicide. I have passed onto someone who can help.

Comment

Morning all.

The weather's borked again.

Sunny.

Dry.

A bit windy.

Touch of pollen in the air.

No good shall come of this.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Weather is grey in London.

I see the daily fail are predicting warm weather across Europe. Seems little chance of it coming to the UK.

There again if its the Wail I expect to see snow falling soon.

Comment

Morning all

Grey, overcast, damp here, although it is very gradually drying up.

Comment

It looks like a lovely day out there so I'm sat indoors with the curtains closed & the light on.

You can't be too careful about these things.

Now I've had my morning dump, I'll do the dishes, then it's off down town to the library to check emails, then a bit of a stroll around town, and Morrisons to buy a cauliflower.

Due to the inability for much of the last week to consume sufficient cruciferous wegetables, the stock in the fridge is beginning to look a bit, er, sad.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, but dry and mild

Comment

Much cooler today, which is a relief. A bit overcast but not (yet) raining.

WFH today, I have planned an admin day. Will see how that pans out.

Comment

Working...
                      X