• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with being an

Bored Now, so while I'm waiting for the TD to finish half drying the jumper, I think I'll make tea.

While I'm doing it I'll turn the radio on so I'll have something to swear at.

Have I mentioned that it's Very Bright in the kitchen.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The Super Monkey Car is coming home tomorrow!

The chap just called to let me know; there's something or other left to do, but looking on the DVLA site I see it passed its MOT yesterday

Comment

Oh, and the laundry is done

Comment

The last jumper and the scarfe have been retrieved from the TD which reckoned they were dry.

They're still slightly damp but they'll air dry perfectly well.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          The Super Monkey Car is coming home tomorrow!

The chap just called to let me know; there's something or other left to do, but looking on the DVLA site I see it passed its MOT yesterday
          Stone me, I'd forgotten all about that.

<hiatus>

Tea/dinner was the last of the roast chicken legs from Sunday.

It was nice enough.

And I've just remembered I bought some cranberry sauce yesterday & forgot all about it again.

Now being followed by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And since the sun's gone around, I'll wash the front windows whilst listening to The Archers.

It's the last ep of "Summer of Rockets" this evening, along with ep 3 of "Wild Bill", plus something on PBS that I'll have to record.

<dish washing and window cleaning hiatus>

There we are, front windows (downstairs) duly washed and the front door ditto.

It was washing up water this time rather than sugar soap but it looks ok.

In the event The Archers didn't get listened to since I'm getting fed up with the story lines.

And now, cue The William Tell Overture on blue meth, it's time for the remaining two eps of "The Lone Ranger".
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 June 2019, 18:10.

Comment

Quite enjoying this React stuff, TBH

Comment

Ribeye steak and chips for tea, and very nice it was

Comment

And thus "Summer of Rockets" came to a reasonable conclusion.

Now watching some alien lunacy on Blaze about secret bases on the moon.

By some strange "coincidence" the documentary "Iron Sky" is showing at the same time on CBS Horror.

That Zeity chap must be up to something again.

It's the only plausible answer.

Oh, this really is battulip crazy.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 June 2019, 21:38.

Comment

Going to stop digging into this React documentation now, as I think my brain needs to sort today's input out while I sleep

So I shall watch something on the telly to take my mind off it until bedtime

Comment

The entertainment proved to be S3E1 of Spiral/Engrenages, which got off to a flying start in the mutilated bodies department

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I'm just a curmudgeon who thinks all that stuff - React, Angular, Vue, etc. - is overengineered bulltulip, created for the benefit of developers at the expense of users, complicating things that can easily be done the way we always used to do them

But I've been muttering darkly about such things for years, and once I try them I usually decide they're not too bad really

Not Angular though, or at least the original version of it. That sucked; a Java developer's idea of what a JavaScript framework should be
                      Thats my take on react/redux. It can be done with other stuff. But its alot easier and less code with them.

Comment

Working...
                      X