• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all clear blue skies and sunny here. Smog over London and a heat haze around the South Downs. That’s the current weather on the dog walk.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

White sky.

Sunnyish.

Hot side of hot.

27 deg in the bedroom last night.

Got up at 05:00 and opened all the upstairs windows, which brought it down to a balmy 26ish.

Windless.

Phew wot a scorcher.

Thought it was Sunday when I woke again at 06:30, to be disabused of this notion when the Today prog started at 07:00.

Currently 24 deg in the living room and it's 26 deg in the salting house.

The fridge and the freezer are not happy.

<hiatus during which a walk was taken down to the library>

In with the hoi polloi.

The sky may be white but by Jimminy it's a bit warm out there and even warmer in here.

And with that, I'm off, having checked all the email accounts bar the one that died on 31st May.

This weather doesn't agree with me.

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Just about comfortable in bed last night with the ceiling fan on 2nd setting. If it gets any warmer though I may need to put the air conditioning on. Very ungreen I know but I do drive a Land rover and a 2.8 jtd Ducato based Motorhome so I am already destined for fiery hell (wonder if I can take the portable air con with me ).

Tea was toasted crumpets, 2 poached eggs and 2 rashers of smoked streaky bacon.
      I did contemplate hauling the aircon up from the garage but it's so far in that I'd die of heatstroke before reaching it.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 June 2019, 09:57.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Morning.

White sky.

Sunnyish.

Hot side of hot.

27 deg in the bedroom last night.

Got up at 05:00 and opened all the upstairs windows, which brought it down to a balmy 26ish.

Windless.

Phew wot a scorcher.

Thought it was Sunday when I woke again at 06:30, to be disabused of this notion when the Today prog started at 07:00.

Currently 24 deg in the living room and it's 26 deg in the salting house.

The fridge and the freezer are not happy.

<hiatus during which a walk was taken down to the library>

In with the hoi polloi.

The sky may be white but by Jimminy it's a bit warm out there and even warmer in here.

And with that, I'm off, having checked all the email accounts bar the one that died on 31st May.

This weather doesn't agree with me.

I did contemplate hauling the aircon up from the garage but it's so far in that I'd die of heatstroke before reaching it.
        Roasting here and I'm installing a rear view camera on the motorhome. The Bonding "Sikaflex 221" is supposed to be no-sag but in this heat it's sagging. Going inside the motorhome now to run and connect the wiring. looking forward to it because I have the Air Con on full blast in there
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Morning denizens

Hot and sunny out, though whether the correlation of the two implies causation is unclear

24°C in the bedroom, 25.5°C in the middle of the living room, and the timer thingy on the light switch at the back of the room claims it's 28°C there, though that one always seems to read a bit high.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

Hot and sunny out, though whether the correlation of the two implies causation is unclear

24°C in the bedroom, 25.5°C in the middle of the living room, and the timer thingy on the light switch at the back of the room claims it's 28°C there, though that one always seems to read a bit high.
            Look on the bright side, you won't need to turn the heating on until November.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Roasting here and I'm installing a rear view camera on the motorhome. The Bonding "Sikaflex 221" is supposed to be no-sag but in this heat it's sagging. Going inside the motorhome now to run and connect the wiring. looking forward to it because I have the Air Con on full blast in there
              The only time I was comfortable yesterday afternoon was in the car coming back from the dump with the aircon on recycle.

<taps screen>

Is this thing working?
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 June 2019, 12:40.

Comment

It is but it's on a go slow because it's so dammed hot.

And it's too early to drink

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Look on the bright side, you won't need to turn the heating on until November.
                  Handy because there's a box of junk in front of the fire. But also not handy, because I put it there with the vague notion that I'd have to sort it out so I could put the fire on when I need to

Comment

Light lunch of a fish finger bap (wholemeal) with red sauce

Comment

The greyness has got greyer and greyer until lo! some spots of rain descended gently from the heavens above.

So it's been quite a busy afternoon.

Two mattresses and a bed now out the front awaiting disposal, apparently the brave little soldier next door wants to keep the armchair his Mrs wants shot of.

Whatfeckingever, sort it out between you.

If it doesn't go on Monday then they'll have to fork out to get shot of it.

Nice lot of raspberries and gooseberries (golden) picked.

Raspberries are stewing right now, the gooseberries once those have done.

<hiatus>

Wonderful. The microwave looks like Dexter's been doing stuff with it.

Gooseberries now in.

<hiatus>

There we are then, cold shower done.

Lovely, except it was, by my standards, warm.

<hiatus>

From FB it would appear that my friend has successfully returned from China.

Oh, have I mentioned that I vacced the car out too.

One of the slugs on a bin bag escaped my attentions yesterday & made its way under the back seat where it dried out completely & died.

Probably about 10 minutes after we came home from the dump.

And the other thing is that there's a possible contract on JS that might be worth a look, it being close enough not to require staying away though the rate is what passes for generous around here but is about what I was getting 20 years ago.

Now I wonder where that floppy diskette with the CV on has disappeared to.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 June 2019, 15:56. Reason: No

Comment

Working...
                      X