• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grey and sticky now in sultry sarf herts <aka bearsden>

half hour runout, no horses, or, indeed, horse spoor, encountered.

15kilos of weed removed from the ditch.
    noticed rather a lot of small amphibians among the irises, so that's a healthy sign
    and the inherited goldfish are all present and correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      15kilos of weed removed from the ditch.
      Mellow, man, really really mellow.

Lunch was one of the Morrisons mini pork pies (reduced, festering in the fridge for days), with some sweet chili sauce, followed by a two egg scramble on some non mouldy Morrisons seeded brown toast and a Muller fruit corner.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Yum.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 July 2019, 11:29.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Mellow, man, really really mellow.

wrong weed, man, unfortunately

Comment

Remembered I had a chicken carcase (Carcass? Or carcase?) that needed dealing with, so the slow cooker is now working on some wholesome chicken and barley soup. I might have the one remaining portion of the previous batch for lunch, making it a big day for soupified chickens as I'll also get chicken and sweetcorn soup from the Chinese tonight.

Comment

Was trying to have a nap on the settee but given up. knocks on door, phone calls. now I need a pee

Think I'll go and reorganise the storage in the motorhome (or nap on the MH Bed).
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Soup duly consumed, with a very thick bit of wholemeal bread and a thin crust of white that was cluttering the freezer, both toasted

I think I'll dilute the soup that's currently cooking into more portions than I did the last lot, as it was very densely packed. Nice though

Comment

Some showers travelled through earlier, but we seem to have had all the joy we're going to get from them. Back to being grey and not excessively hot now

Comment

There we are then, 3 lawns mown.

Knackered now.

I suspect it'll be spag bol for tea.

Fascinating discussion on R4 about stuff I really don't want to know about.

Woman's Hour.

Say no more.

The fecking world has gone totally mad.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    There we are then, 3 lawns mown.

Knackered now.

I suspect it'll be spag bol for tea.

Fascinating discussion on R4 about stuff I really don't want to know about.

Woman's Hour.

Say no more.

The fecking world has gone totally mad.
                    still thinking of downsizing ??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      still thinking of downsizing ??
                      Downsizing to a 3 floor 4 bedroom terraced house with a small front garden and a small rear garden.

Sounds ideal.

Rather more ideal than a small 3 bed (2 bed & boxroom in actuallity though someone did sleep in the boxroom back in Ye Goode Olde Days long long ago.

Whereas there's not enough room for just me & my accumulated rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                      X