• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs CB has been to the ophthalmology people. The current theory is a problem with the optical nerve. She'll be back in for more tests (including MRI) on Fri and Mon.

Thanks for the good wishes all - we really need it right now!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Bol is now simmering on the stove, for spag bol will be tonight's repast. I like to give it at least a couple of hours on the simmer to get the flavours working properly
      Yum!

Pasta with cheese sauce here. Very toothsome it was too.

Comment

The evening's 2nd feature is about to be "Wild Bill".

^^All the best to Covbob & family.

Today we resurrected an AMD K6-2 350MHz box, the one that had a PSU that self detonated last year or the year before after I'd fixed it previously by changing transistors.

The 2nd detonation was sufficiently spectacular to render further repair nearly impossible due to the blackness covering everything.

Anyway, to my great surprise the MB still works.

Since "retiring" I've read 15.5" of books.

I just measure the pile.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 July 2019, 20:42.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Watching a BBC show about Apollo 11 with Darth Father. What were you doing 50 years ago dad? Oh yeah, 9 months until my 50th birthday. Images of a big rocket going up are not necessarily helpful.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            The evening's 2nd feature is about to be "Wild Bill".

Today we resurrected an AMD K6-2 350MHz box, the one that had a PSU that self detonated last year or the year before after I'd fixed it previously by changing transistors.

The 2nd detonation was sufficiently spectacular to render further repair nearly impossible due to the blackness covering everything.

Anyway, to my great surprise the MB still works.
            I think that you need a Magic Blue-Smoke Refill kit?

Quick exit...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Watching a BBC show about Apollo 11 with Darth Father. What were you doing 50 years ago dad? Oh yeah, 9 months until my 50th birthday. Images of a big rocket going up are not necessarily helpful.
              I think I've seen as much of The Apollo Programme as any sensible person would want to.

I certainly don't want to re-experience it in real time.

I did that 50 years ago & I ain't staying up until 02:56 GMT to do it again.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 July 2019, 20:47.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Bol is now simmering on the stove, for spag bol will be tonight's repast. I like to give it at least a couple of hours on the simmer to get the flavours working properly
                It turned out exceptionally nice; well worth the prolonged cooking time

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                WDSS <- manly

Comment

Having enjoyed "Wild Bill" we are now enjoying "Roundhead or Cavalier: Which one are you?" on BBC4.

Being a miserable I'm definitely a roundhead.

In other other news, it's raining.

TFBSZ.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 July 2019, 22:15.

Comment

I wasn't in the mood for the unremittingly downbeat Spiral this evening, so I started rewatching the excellent Early Doors (2003). And then, as the death of 90% of the world's population is still more cheerful than the French detectives manage, I also started rewatching Survivors (1975); I originally started rewatching it the other year, but for some reason didn't continue with it, so now I have to start again

Goodnight all

Comment

Weather has no idea what it wants to do

Kind of sunny-ish right now but no idea what this afternoon will bring...

Soon be the weekend

Comment

Working...
                      X