• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can hear music characterised by a repetitive beat (drums, mainly). It's the Caribbean Carnival, but I haven't been able to hear it from here in previous years. It's about 1.5 miles away, but it's on a hill so the sound can carry over the intervening area. Maybe the wind's in a different direction this year

Comment

Cripes glad it turned out to be nothing serious, Nick. I'm sure the lurgy will pass soon.

Comment

Successful replacement of laptop fan. Twas a doddle. Laptop now making its usual noises sans angry bee rattle.

Now trying to work out why the fecking thing won't take the 1903 windows update.

Ran the washing machine on a 95 degree wash as part of its regular cleaning and maintenance. Now doing a normal clothes wash.

Hoovered the carpets, trying to summon the energy to properly clean the laminate floors. Also need to find some enthusiasm to do my year end accounts.

Someone's sodding car alarm keeps going off outside. I hope it's not mine!

Comment

Sausage sandwich for lunch; white bread, red sauce

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Someone's sodding car alarm keeps going off outside. I hope it's not mine!
            If it is, the neighbours will put a brick through your window shortly to let you know

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Sausage sandwich for lunch; white bread, red sauce
              Pleased you are okay!

Is that what the doctor recommended as a good lunch?

Comment

Walk up and down snowden completed! It was the clearest day I have ever been up there. And only the 2nd time I was not in a rain cloud up the top.

We set off at car park 5:30 and at top at 8:30. There are 5 paths going up and all were packed with people going up/down. Last time I go on a weekend during holidays.

Still its fantastic to see the best Wales has to offer! Such a fantastic country!

Comment

Sorry I cant drivel for the century. Just too tired now....

Comment

1 lcd monitor, 1 colour portable tv, 1 black & white tv, two Cube colour monitors (the BBC B kind) taken to the dump, working on the principle that if they've been in the garage for 20 years without being touched then it's time to say bye bye.

Also some naughty books hit the recycling, along with some religious mags dating between 1978 and 2010.

These last were fecking heavy man.

Lunch was a Ginsters Cornish pasty (Morrisons, reduced) and Heinz baked beans on Morrisons pumkin seed toast.

It was all nice enough.

The evening will be windy since I'm about to consume some chili con carne during the making of which I nearly sliced my thumb off because I couldn't see as I diced the onion.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2019, 17:06.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

1 lcd monitor, 1 colour portable tv, 1 black & white tv, two Cube colour monitors (the BBC B kind) taken to the dump, working on the principle that if they've been in the garage for 20 years without being touched then it's time to say bye bye.

Also some naughty books hit the recycling, along with some religious mags dating between 1978 and 2010.
                      The first lot could have gone to a museum. The second lot on ebay....

Comment

Working...
                      X