• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    It's a popular one with our current Prime Minister
    I think his GF prefers different words.....

Comment

Tomato soup for lunch, with both kinds of toast

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tomato soup for lunch, with both kinds of toast
        Country and Western?
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Spaffed. What an excellent word. Haven't seen that for years!!
          I use spaffed quite a lot. Maybe I'll ease off if it's a Boris favourite

Comment

Lunch was a Ginsters Cornish pasty, Morrisons, reduced, with Heinz Baked Bean on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

It was nice enough.

Tea/dinner this evening was more of yesterday's roast lamb.

It was nice enough.

Followed by stewed blackberries (added sugar batch) with custard, which was Very Nice.

The evening's entertainment commenced with "The World at War", this being ep 10 about the Atlantic war from 1939 to 1944.

We're currently in 1940/41 with one of the few surviving Nazi U boat commanders grinning over his exploits.

Dear old Doenitz has said his bit.

Never mind 1943 & the reading of Naval Enigma will turn up soon, though the programme won't mention it.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Quite a pleasant evening here - sunny and Simpsonesque, without being excessively warm (21°)

Comment

Chilli for tea/dinner/supper.
                matured well in the freezer.
                very nice.

watching an okinawa thing on smithsonian.

i'm Really glad i was born well after WWII.
                astounding amount of sh1te occuring all at once, all over.

Comment

Turns out that the grinning Kraut on the World at War was only there to grin coz we sank his U boat and took the bugger prisoner.

This guy: Otto Kretschmer - IMDb

Doenitz lost his younger son on another boat.

Thank feck for Hedgehog & centimetric radar.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Chilli for tea/dinner/supper.
                  matured well in the freezer.
                  very nice.

watching an okinawa thing on smithsonian.

i'm Really glad i was born well after WWII.
                  astounding amount of sh1te occuring all at once, all over.
                  Yes, we Boomers have been very lucky in that regard, as my mate & I observe every so often.

Though we did have the joy of duck & cover, "The War Game", "Threads", the Cuban Missile Crisis etc.

Just watched the Abandoned Engineering thing about a variety of lunatic things such as the septic iron smelter in Pennsylvania that apparently had a greater output than the UK in the 1940s, plus the Italian 1888 cannon that some poor sods took to the top of an alp in WWI.

Now watching "Invasion" being Sam Willis holding forth this week on 17th & 18th & 19th C. attempted invasions of GB, starting off with Bonnie Prince David Niven in Technicolor(tm).
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 August 2019, 19:20.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I use spaffed quite a lot. Maybe I'll ease off if it's a Boris favourite
                    I suppose he used that word during the pillow talk?

Comment

For tea tonight, the last of the chicken dopiaza out of the freezer, with the usual bits. Very nice

Comment

Working...
                      X