• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    This new poster tried to register yesterday. They already had an account under that email they had forgotten about. From 2006.

After their first post they had 4 posts. When I looked at their forum posts I could only see one.

I am perplexed. I wonder if NF can elucidate?
    New posters generally need to get their posts approved to start with. I can't remember the exact way it works, it might be that if they try to start a new thread, it must be approved if they have less than x posts.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

Oddly odd dreams last night: I seem to have got stuck in "Live Die Repeat" for some very odd reason which quite escapes me.

Sunny out with fluffy clouds.

Dunno what the forecast is.

Quite chilly in here at 21 deg.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Some bar steward shot it. What idiots would go round shooting animals? Cyclists yes, but animals?

Squirrels and cyclists aren't on the verge of extinction.

Comment

Though it got better in Southwark. They are building CS4. Which means big roadworks. Long line of cars at standstill. Fantastic whizzing past them all.

I used CS5 for a bit - particularly Photoshop and Dreamweaver.

Comment

Serious answer time...

Suffice to say HMRC APN team have a great deal to answer for. Suggesting you get into other debts to pay off their debt is illegal and immoral. Why can HMRC do this?
            Assisting suicide or forcing (encouraging) someone to commit (or attempt) suicide is an offence in the UK. That's what section 2 of the Suicide Act (1961) clearly states.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Serious answer time...

Assisting suicide or forcing (encouraging) someone to commit (or attempt) suicide is an offence in the UK. That's what section 2 of the Suicide Act (1961) clearly states.
              I am not sure telling someone to borrow money could be taken that way though.

Anyway, cheers for your thoughts. I spoke to Phil - he is totally outraged and will be putting himself between the victim and HMRC. And will take up the case with MPs.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                New posters generally need to get their posts approved to start with. I can't remember the exact way it works, it might be that if they try to start a new thread, it must be approved if they have less than x posts.
                This poster joined 2006 though. I think the x limit rule was introduced around 2010?

2006 was a good year for new poster joiners.....

Comment

This poster joined 2006 though. I think the x limit rule was introduced around 2010?

2006 was a good year for new poster joiners.....
                  Correction! It was 2008!

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...n-despair.html

You will see the post count is 8. Follow the link for their posts and its only 5.

I did ask admin - they said it was some useless coder Nick something or other....

Comment

Morning denizens

Lots of white fluffiness out there so the sun keeps hiding briefly, but it's quite pleasant (if you like sun) overall

We were supposed to be having rain, but that's been rescheduled for tonight

Comment

Correction! It was 2008!

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...n-despair.html

You will see the post count is 8. Follow the link for their posts and its only 5.

I did ask admin - they said it was some useless coder Nick something or other....
                      I'm not sure, but I've seen similar phenomena, where older posts don't seem to show up in search results (for some reason, the forum software implements "show this user's posts" as a kind of search). I'll have a dig around in my local copy of the database and see if the post count is correct, and if so I'll be able to find the older posts

Comment

Working...
                      X