• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This retirement lark is OK. Went out with The Dog (tw) at 1pm, got back at 7pm, tomorrow I need to raise a few invoices and then pull the onions.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

On the box tonight, The Naked Civil Servant (TV Movie 1975), which I remember seeing on the telly back in the 1970s, and have been meaning to rewatch for years. An excellent film, with a great performance by John Hurt.

And I also watched one of the extras on the disc: "World in Action" Quentin Crisp (TV Episode 1970), of which an IMDb reviewer says "This episode of 'World in Action' consists of Quentin Crisp sitting in his shabby little flat talking about whatever seemed to come into his mind. The film seems to have little in the way of structure or theme and are just the mostly random musings of this VERY eccentric author and misanthrope" which is a fair description of the programme

It does reinforce just what an excellent portrayal of Crisp Hurt achieved. And the flat is a great reminder of just how abysmal rented accommodation used to be, particularly the gas fittings like the fire and the stove; Crisp says he'd lived there for about thirty years at the time

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I need to pull the onions.
        I just looked that up on Urban Dictionary

Comment

Dry cycle in. But rain due this afternoon.

However for first time this summer I had to have lights on while cycling.

How many days until Christmas?

Comment

Morning all.

CBS with a high haze and wan half hearted sunshine.

Flat calm judging by the branches of the apple tree visible through the gap in the curtains.

I wonder how many more buckets of apples have fallen overnight.

2 of pears and 13 of apples as per yesterday seemed a bit excessive.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              I wonder how many more buckets of apples have fallen overnight.

2 of pears and 13 of apples as per yesterday seemed a bit excessive.
              Wish I was closer - Mrs BP could use some of those.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite sunny out today; there's some areas of thin overcast in the east, but it's more Simpsonesque over in the west. And the trees seem very calm after their vigorous exertions over the weekend

Comment

test please delete

Morning all

I picked a 40l bucket of apples off one of our small trees to stop the branches breaking yesterday, all in the garden waste bin now .

It’s overcast here, probably quite pleasant to do some gardening, but I don’t want to rush into anything.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Wish I was closer - Mrs BP could use some of those.
                    The pears are like rocks and the apples are infested with coddling moth, so good luck with that.

In with the hoi polloi.

<hiatus>

Meanwhile the curious smell following me around proved not to be a follow through accident, rather it being an unexpected addition to my footwear.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 August 2019, 09:31.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
                      just had a chat with a potential client.
                      was going well, good fit, until we discovered that the agent had lied to me about the location of the gig.
                      he said two days WFH/ three days in London office.
                      turns out two days WFH, three days in bloody Yorkshire <the most miserable place in the UK, apart from Wales>.
                      so wasted 30mins of my time and client's time.
                      FFS

Comment

Working...
                      X