• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    My upstairs neighbours are back, having been away all this week. I strongly suspect them of having been on holiday, but of course it's impossible to prove.
    Not the ones on holiday with the plod then?

We're back in the Ardenne again, battling the bulge.

Weren't Company E in that at Bastogne?

E Company, 506th Infantry Regiment (United States) - Wikipedia

Yup.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Cod and chips from the chippy for dinner. Now in the pub getting on the outside of a rather nice blackcurrant porter.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Cod and chips from the chippy for dinner. Now in the pub getting on the outside of a rather nice blackcurrant porter.
        'with flavours of liquorice, coffee and just a hint of blackcurrant.'??

WTF?

thats a lassie's drink isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Not the ones on holiday with the plod then?
          That was next-door-but-one, if you're referring to the one carted off the other night

If you're referring to the several young gentlemen carted off eleven years or so ago over the kidnap and torture of their friend after a drug deal turned nasty, I don't know what became of them, other than lengthy prison sentences - one of them got an Indeterminate Sentence for Public Protection, which they don't even do any more, but that means he might still be inside

Once they were gone, it was just me and my then upstairs neighbour left in the place

Edited to add: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tml#post669667 is just about the start of that little saga.
          Last edited by NickFitz; 16 August 2019, 20:02.

Comment

Tonight’s tea has been M&S chunky battered cod (or possibly haddock - I chucked the box away as they take up less room in the freezer that way) with chips and beans. Inordinately nice, it was

Comment

That was next-door-but-one, if you're referring to the one carted off the other night

If you're referring to the several young gentlemen carted off eleven years or so ago over the kidnap and torture of their friend after a drug deal turned nasty, I don't know what became of them, other than lengthy prison sentences - one of them got an Indeterminate Sentence for Public Protection, which they don't even do any more, but that means he might still be inside

Once they were gone, it was just me and my then upstairs neighbour left in the place

Edited to add: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...tml#post669667 is just about the start of that little saga.
              The former rather than the latter who I'd completely forgotten about.

Watched the commentary on "Shane" which proved quite inneresting.

Currently watching "Aircrash Alaska" on Smithsonian.

Feck me I'm glad I don't live in Alaska.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                'with flavours of liquorice, coffee and just a hint of blackcurrant.'??

WTF?

thats a lassie's drink isn't it?

Nah, that's the lager and lime you drink.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Nah, that's the lager and lime you drink.
                  Stone me, that takes me back.

Did we really drink that crap?

I'll bet it was Heineken.

Comment

It was that or Hofmeister.

Comment

Having fun with map-related stuff this afternoon

And occasionally getting up to wander over to my lovely tall bay window, where I can look at the chestnut tree waving its arms around and people with umbrellas and anoraks plodding home through the wind and rain under the grey sky

oh the lovely onspd, centroids & polygons. Sounds like something you need cream for.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X