• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Looking through the gap in the curtains, there's still a CBS out there.

Surely it's not natural on a BH.
    It is very odd that such "fine" (to those who have been socially conditioned to think it so) weather is happening this weekend

Bring on the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness, I say

Comment

I think I'll have chili con carne for tea.

Twice in a week.

Who'd have thunk it?

Which reminds me I've got to get the meat out of the freezer for lunch tomorrow.
      Duly nuked & eaten & very nice it was too, though nuking it a little bit longer so the ice melted in the centre might have been an idea.

Unfollowed by stewed blackberries and custard since I'm short of milk & can't be arsed to go and get some.

There's enough for breakfast & lunch tomorrow, after which I'll do the usual Sunday shop.

Still debating what to do with the soft brown sugar left to me by the late Strangelove Mater.

Or more probably, Strangelove Pater, since he liked demerara
      in his Blend 37 coffee.

In other news, despite it being a BH, one can get one's WWII satisfaction on 5, where at 20:00 we have Stalingrad, followed at 21:55 by the factory producing the ME262.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Comment

As it seems it's going to be warm whatever my wishes in the matter, I'm taking advantage of the circumstances by doing a towel wash.

Comment

Lazy start to the day. Went out early afternoon to look at the luggage section in Selfridge's. Quick drink in Gordon's bar before picking up provisions for dinner (fresh crab tortellini) from the food hall. Back home where HWMBO has knocked up a very fine frozen watermelon margarita and we're now sitting out on my little patio now the sun has moved off it.

My bamboo plant is looking decidedly peaky. Moved it to a sunnier corner and gave it a thorough watering. Hopefully it'll survive.

Comment

In other news, despite it being a BH, one can get one's WWII satisfaction on 5, where at 20:00 we have Stalingrad, followed at 21:55 by the factory producing the ME262.
              The evening's entertainment began with "Good Night and Good Luck (2005)" which turned out to be about Ed Murrow taking down another fascist, namely the Junior Senator from Wisconsin, Joseph McCarthy.

Good Night, and Good Luck. (2005) - IMDb

It was rather good.

Now getting my WWII topup on 5.

Comment

In the Chinese

Reason for not being busy: “This heat”.

Comment

Gosh.

Stalingrad: done.

Leningrad: done.

Battle of the Coral Sea: done.

Battle of Midway: done.

Only one grainy photo of the hero of Corregidor: done.

I'm sure the walking ego will reappear shortly.

After all
                  Originally posted by McArthur
                  I shall return
                  Thankfully he didn't it was on El Alamein and Torch.

Next is the ME262 factory.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 August 2019, 20:57.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In the Chinese
                    And very nice it was, as always

Reason for not being busy: “This heat”.
                    Also, the new (pre-used) telly isn't working yet, due to "something wrong upstairs". Her son-in-law is going to fix it, though she didn't seem to hold out much hope of him treating it as an urgent matter

Several people on the FOBTs in Ladbrokes as I walked back. But even when there's a few people in there it doesn't look like much of a party

Comment

Also, the new (pre-used) telly isn't working yet, due to "something wrong upstairs". l
                      Maybe it's the one I took back to Lidl because it didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X