• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just dozed through a goodly part of "Remember that night: David Gilmour in the Royal Albert Hall" in 2005 (ish).

Not the finest renditions of "Comfortably Numb" I've ever heard.

Bowie's contribution wasn't as good as Richard Wright's.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Remember-Th.../dp/B000T5W9FA

In other other news, the sun's out, and there's hints of blue sky peeping through the gap in the curtains.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 August 2019, 13:59.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lovely morning. Blue skies, whispy cloud, nice breeze, not too hot. Took a stroll up to the high street to find some slippers.

None in TKMax (I hate that jumble sale of a shop at the best of times) at all, odd seeing as a friend saw loads in the one over London Bridge way a couple of weeks ago. Popped into M&S, they did have slippers. Of course they would. But I don't like the open backed slip ons and the ones with a closed heel were the type my 98 year old grandmother wears.

After a light brunch of two poached eggs on two slices of toast with half an avocado, washed down with a bloody Mary, I popped over to Wilko and picked up a new door mat and some lighter fluid for my clicky gas lighter (the clicky on my gas hob is temperamental).

Then home where I promptly failed to correctly use said lighter fluid refill, foolishly clicked the clicker and almost set fire to myself. Sore fingers for a while and smell of burnt hair on my hands.* I have since correctly completed the refill task.

Now a light rain is falling.

*FTAOD I am not overly hairy, I am referring to the light downy hair one has on the back of one's hand and fingers, that has now been burnt off. Now I look closer, the hair on my right forearm looks a bit singed too! Oops.

Comment

There was shower, but I missed it. Sunny again now, with much white fluffiness

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Been listening to that for 45 years.

I think it's a bit late to be worrying much now.

Instead I'm mostly

ish.
          I was going to give my top three PF tracks and then got lost in relistening to the albums I haven't heard in a while. Came to the conclusion that, like most music, my favourites depend on my mood.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Then home where I promptly failed to correctly use said lighter fluid refill, foolishly clicked the clicker and almost set fire to myself. Sore fingers for a while and smell of burnt hair on my hands.* I have since correctly completed the refill task.

Now a light rain is falling.
            Handy to run out into when you set yourself on fire again

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              This being retired lark appears to be good for me. BP is 122/73 or 125/76 depending on which arm.
              I am what?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Those home BP monitors appear to be rather dependent on location, put the band thingy too far down your arm and the BP goes up quite a bit.
                Century

Mrs BP have a BP monitor......

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Oh, and I hit the hot food counter up for a couple of southern not-fried chicken thighs for lunch
                  Does one have to be engaged in knife crime to purchase that?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I've a little Hayter, does a good job.
                    Mrs WTFH says it is little. But does not do a good job.....

Comment

Raining hard now. Hopefully it will stop later for the Goldwings parade.....

Comment

Working...
                      X