• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of @pookleblinky’s finest threads

Comment

Tea this evening comprised some more of yesterday's chicken (cancer causing according to the Fail) and cumberland sausages (cancer causing according to the Fail).

Followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea (no comment on the cancer inducing effects of this in the Fail).

The evening's first feature is "Die Hard (1988)" which is old enough that Bruce Willis still had hair.

Die Hard (1988) - IMDb
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner was yet more chicken and chickpea Madras, which has, as is it's wont, matured somewhat overnight.

clear sinuses once more.

oh, and a chilean pinot noir.

luvvly jubbly <as thet say in sarf herts>

Comment

Got the fire on to take the chill off the room a bit

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Tea this evening comprised some more of yesterday's chicken (cancer causing according to the Fail) and cumberland sausages (cancer causing according to the Fail).

Followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea (no comment on the cancer inducing effects of this in the Fail).

The evening's first feature is "Die Hard (1988)" which is old enough that Bruce Willis still had hair.

Die Hard (1988) - IMDb
            Are they coming for the chicken now? FFS

Starting early with the Christmas films

Comment

Attempting to watch 'blade runner 2049 or whichever'.

boring me sh1tless so far <40:42>

the original didn't get the point of the book, and this is pish, so far.

<hernia>

it's got the glacial pace of 'solaris'

and none of the soviet charm

<zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz>

this is more soporific than fecking test cricket FFS!

i give up.

utter tosh.
              Last edited by BR14; 9 September 2019, 20:22.

Comment

Lovely thick pork chop, chips, peas, and gravy for tea. Well nice

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Are they coming for the chicken now? FFS

Starting early with the Christmas films
                  Aye, cancer caused by chicken. As mentioned Specifically In General.

And, of course, pork pies and cured meats do the same.

Actually just breathing gives you cancer.

See the asbestos thread.

WTF do we find these people.

On the film front, I've watched several different version of "A Christmas Carol" over the summer, the best of which was the George C. "Patton" Scott version.

I think I've got the muppet version somewhere.

Now watching the thing on Blaze "Nazi World War Weird" which appears to be a palimpsest of "World War Weird" on Yesterday.

It's waffling on about Pervetin the Nazi Crystal Meth.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Attempting to watch 'blade runner 2049 or whichever'.

boring me sh1tless so far <40:42>

the original didn't get the point of the book, and this is pish, so far.

<hernia>

it's got the glacial pace of 'solaris'

and none of the soviet charm

<zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz>

this is more soporific than fecking test cricket FFS!

i give up.

utter tosh.
                  It is, it must be said, a phenomenally bad film in many respects.

Having more or less zero relation to anything written by Phil Dick must be one of the great disadvantages, plus being written and directed by morons.

I feel your pain.

Strangelove sis made the mistake of "watching" it in the cinema.

Mostly with her eyes closed while gently snoring.

In other news, I think I'm coming down with a lurgy.

Or it might be an allergy.

It's difficult to tell.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2019, 21:32.

Comment

New toy arrived today. A Pixel 3a. Larger than my old Pixel.

Spent a while being grumpy about different navigation menus despite same Android version as my old phone. Then discovered the 3a had 'features'. Essentially lots of things I don't like. Fixed with a swift install of Android 10.

New phone day is fun when opening the box then tedious while setting everything up.

Quite pleased with the settings transfer from my phone so far.

EDIT: got old and new phones mixed up
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 10 September 2019, 08:44.

Comment

How the feck does this 164 minute unwatchable pile of tulipe get a rating of 8?

It makes no sense whatever:

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) - IMDb

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) - Blade Runner 2049 (2017) - User Reviews - IMDb

Denis Villeneuve, you magnificent world wonder, you did it again!

I have seen this film three times in the cinema, in 3D, 2D and 4DX.

And one of the things i have noticed with this film, is that it's not the time in the cinema that takes up my time, It's the hours upon hours in between spent thinking about the film, that is the real time consumer. This film left such a deep and profound impact, which i cannot escape. And I've gone back to the cinema twice to be "tortured", but it's worth it.Denis Villeneuve, you magnificent world wonder, you did it again!

I have seen this film three times in the cinema, in 3D, 2D and 4DX.

And one of the things i have noticed with this film, is that it's not the time in the cinema that takes up my time, It's the hours upon hours in between spent thinking about the film, that is the real time consumer.

This film left such a deep and profound impact, which i cannot escape. And I've gone back to the cinema twice to be "tortured", but it's worth it.

It left an impact on me too, my arse was sore.

Who the feck would give it a rating of 10?

478 morons apparently.

Pretentious morons at that.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2019, 22:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X