• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just popped down with the recycling and trundled forth the concomitant bin. Bit early this week, but should any of the neighbours be wanting to do any last minute waste disposal before bin day, I'm sure they can find their way out to the staging area

Feeling pretty under the weather with this lurgy now; I continue to hope that this means it'll sort itself out in a day or two

Comment

Busy day today. Saw T4 for the first time ever, it's a cute wee terminal.

Watching a BBC4 programme called 'Machine'. Largely silent, as in no music score or voice over. Just following workers in a fabric mill/factory in India and hearing all the ambient noise and seeing the conditions they're working in. A few monologues from the the workers giving their insights. I think it's what you'd call "slow TV".

One chap explained how he works for his family, to keep them fed etc and how there's little other choice of work. I was quite upset when he said he's not exploited because he chooses to borrow money so he can cover the cost of travelling to work. He can't see that he is exploited because the mill owners get away with low wages because there's so many people who need to earn money.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Castrol R
        Mmmm. The smell!
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

This evening's entertainment was "Die Hard 4 (2007)" with that Bruce Willis chap but without his hair.

Turns out I have 3 of these as is only right and proper, one I paid £6 for and watched, a 50p one which is identical and which will go to the charity emporium at the next opportunity, and a 3rd which is one of those funny blue discs where you can see the heads of the people in front. which is destined for the bin.

Die Hard 4.0 (2007) - IMDb

Now watching one of the 3 or 4 programmes on at the moment all about WWII.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Spot of drizzle out which was not forecast, but it makes a change

Tea has been ribeye steak, with freshly frozen chips

Comment

2nd feature was a documentary on BBC4 about Captain Eric "Winkle" Brown.

It was very good.

You are either very brave or insane to fly an ME163.

Now watching the thing on Smithsonian about the A10 Warthog.

I don't think Eric Brown flew one of those though.

Comment

Mainly reading tonight, but I also watched the first episode of the BBC's Rise of the Nazis.

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Windows 10 did some stupid update last night(which at least did not break my PC - I hope LM was okay too).

When it came back I resigned into netflix. Advert came up for I-LAND. I have seen 1.5 episodes and enjoying it so far. I will watch the whole lot before putting it on the general thread.

Comment

Morning all

Site seems a bit prone to pregnant pauses at the moment.

Sunny.

Dry.

18.5 deg in here when I got up.

Friday.

Washing the bedding and all the usual Friday stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X