• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning

CBS & KB again

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Tea was M&S breaded haddock.

It was nice enough, followed by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The first feature was "47 Ronin (2013)" with that Keanu Reeves.

47 Ronin (2013) - IMDb

It's rather good.

And following on from that is "World War Weird" which is starting off with The Spear of Destiny as featured in "Constantine".

Followed by Prof. R.V. Jones and the battle of the beams, Fat Herman's brother, and Porton Down killing soldiers by mistake.

Sadly, no more chicken warmed atom bombs though.

The pus thing "Bad Skin" is on Quest Red at 22:00.

I wonder if this one is a repeat.

<hiatus>

It wasn't, the usual selection of lipomas, zits, hyperhydrosis sufferers, etc.

Followed by a programme which includes someone who cries blood.

TFBSZ. <- not blood
      I liked 47 Ronin. Very good fillum. I may have to watch it again.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi, currently watching:

Bubble memory was the coming thing in 1978, as was the Space Shuttle.

There's an iApple 2 with 2 floppy disk drives in the last couple of minutes of that.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 September 2019, 09:35.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has proved to Heinz baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin seeded toast with the merest smidgeon of Morrisons pork pie (reduced).

All rounded off with a Morrisons Eccles cake (reduced) and 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie tea.

Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Bubble memory was the coming thing in 1978, as was the Space Shuttle.
            In the mid-1980s my hardware-focused friend acquired a bubble memory card from a place where he was working; they'd got it for evaluation a couple of years before. He ended up building it into a system with a T-11 (PDP-11-on-a-chip) microprocessor (the motherboard containing which was acquired from the same source, I think) for experimental purposes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the mid-1980s my hardware-focused friend acquired a bubble memory card from a place where he was working; they'd got it for evaluation a couple of years before. He ended up building it into a system with a T-11 (PDP-11-on-a-chip) microprocessor (the motherboard containing which was acquired from the same source, I think) for experimental purposes
              You would not need much of a chip to put PDP-11 onto. My first job was VAX. My second PDP-11. Quite a step down - especially as the VAX was government and PDP-11 was finance.

During my job I remember new Vax2 being installed. A whole 1 million operations a second. I saw the same model in the Smithsonian museum in Washington 15 years later(1999) - it was used on the space shuttle.

Comment

Sausage-oriented lunch

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Sausage-oriented lunch
                  I think NLyUK said the same....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I saw the same model in the Smithsonian museum in Washington 15 years later(1999) - it was used on the space shuttle.
                    Along with bundles of 8086 processors which were unobtainium by 2000.

Another couple of hours of "gardening" in the warm autumnal sunshine.

It's quite warm out there if you're working.

Another couple of square yards roughly weeded.

Getting there very slowly, but progressing.

I now how a five feet tall pile of weeds & branches & suchlike.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 September 2019, 15:21.

Comment

A few pairs of jeans in the wash.

Finding it hard to summon up enthusiasm for this map stuff this afternoon

TBH I'm just a bit short on enthusiasm for anything at all today, as I couldn't be bothered with the stuff I tried to procrastinate with either

Comment

Working...
                      X