test please delete test please delete - Page 31653
Page 31653 of 31732 FirstFirst ... 306533115331553316033164331651316523165331654316553166331703 ... LastLast
Posts 316,521 to 316,530 of 317311
  1. #316521

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    dinner, by some coincidence, has been chilli <chernoble class> with flatbread.

    hottus feckus, as the romans said.

    and a nice chianti.

    's a hard life in sated sarf herts.

    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  2. #316522

    More fingers than teeth

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    13,133

    Default

    Still struggling to do me own cooking. Maybe common recipes are one reason why so many are overweight. Found various recipes that state they serve 4 people, and have divided everything in half so I've got 2 days worth of gnosh, yet keep finding I've got enough for 3.
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

  3. #316523

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Still struggling to do me own cooking. Maybe common recipes are one reason why so many are overweight. Found various recipes that state they serve 4 people, and have divided everything in half so I've got 2 days worth of gnosh, yet keep finding I've got enough for 3.
    get a freezer and a microwave? maybe?
    cook for four, freeze three portions, and zap when required.

    it's not rocket science.

    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  4. #316524

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    46,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Still struggling to do me own cooking. Maybe common recipes are one reason why so many are overweight. Found various recipes that state they serve 4 people, and have divided everything in half so I've got 2 days worth of gnosh, yet keep finding I've got enough for 3.
    I just use the given quantities and stick the surplus portions in the freezer for when I can't be bothered to cook. (Though "for 4" often works out to 3 or even 2 in my case.)

  5. #316525

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    46,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    get a freezer and a microwave? maybe?
    cook for four, freeze three portions, and zap when required.

    it's not rocket science.

    Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    I just use the given quantities and stick the surplus portions in the freezer for when I can't be bothered to cook. (Though "for 4" often works out to 3 or even 2 in my case.)
    Great minds think alike

  6. #316526

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    I just use the given quantities and stick the surplus portions in the freezer for when I can't be bothered to cook. (Though "for 4" often works out to 3 or even 2 in my case.)
    <clears throat>

    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  7. #316527

    Super poster

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,386

    Default

    I am a pretty poor cook but every now and then I have a crack at it and will make a lot of stuff. If it turns out edible then it gets portioned up and frozen. I used to be organised and stick a label on that said what the concoction is and the date it was made. Now I don't bother and find it more fun to play "guess the frozen blob"

  8. #316528

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I am a pretty poor cook but every now and then I have a crack at it and will make a lot of stuff. If it turns out edible then it gets portioned up and frozen. I used to be organised and stick a label on that said what the concoction is and the date it was made. Now I don't bother and find it more fun to play "guess the frozen blob"
    or keep a west indies style 'hot pepper pot' on the go.

    once started, you just throw in in what you've got, day by day. <with a handful of chillis>

    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  9. #316529

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    46,079

    Default

    Tea tonight has been chicken jalfrezi (from the other week, out of the freezer - only one more of those left) with the usual rice and naan. Very flavoursome

  10. #316530

    More fingers than teeth

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    13,133

    Default

    it's not rocket science
    Cooking is much harder than rocket science!
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •