test please delete test please delete - Page 31655
Page 31655 of 31753 FirstFirst ... 306553115531555316053164531653316543165531656316573166531705 ... LastLast
Posts 316,541 to 316,550 of 317527

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post

I remember at my university hall some students took a gate. The whole hall was roasted! They returned it very quickly....
    I remember being tasked by my hall warden to take the nicked traffic cones that had appeared and shift them to another hall overnight. Castle (s)Leazes at the time was 3 different halls. This went on for weeks until we dropped them on to one of the 5th floor roofs from a 6th floor window.

Mind you it was revenge for our entire floor turning up to the 6:45 alarm call in full formal evening dress whilst claiming no-one had forewarned us (they actually hadn't but we knew it had to be conducted in October and the date was October 31st).
    Last edited by eek; 20th September 2019 at 10:25.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

I Am Legend

Just seen some of those climate change protesters going through Liverpool Street station.

Maybe I should have killed them to help the planet?

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Off to do the shopping
    Done!

And prescription collected, which I often forget

I wanted some lamb shanks but the meat fridge didn't have any. However there were some on the butcher's counter, so I summoned up all my courage and went through the arduous process of interacting with the bloke behind the counter. I thought supermarkets were supposed to let us do away with all that?

He asked me which two (of the four available) I wanted. This instantly threw me into full-on dither mode, as I gazed on four apparently identical lamb shanks in a row (or column, as they were lined up from front to back), scrying for some way of differentiating the greater from the lesser. After a couple of seconds, this had naturally devolved into such thoughts as "Would it seem odd if I picked two that were non-adjacent? Are they numbered, or would it make sense to the butcher if I were to refer to them by number? If so, does the numbering start at the butcher or at the customer? 0 or 1 based?" and I gave up and went for the two nearest me
    Last edited by NickFitz; 20th September 2019 at 10:42.

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    Just had mine delivered

Yes, I did that when I was too decrepit to go to the shops, though in my case it was due to surgery and I'm better now

Godlike

Yes, I did that when I was too decrepit to go to the shops, though in my case it was due to surgery and I'm better now
    I do it because i'm a lazy fecker, and i can.

Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Super poster

The company I work for has just been bought out. Of course, there will be no change. Yeah right....
    Well, they will give it a year or two and then there will be much change once they start "integrating".

My mum used to work for HiTek Power (they used to make high voltage batteries and the like) and saw the place change massively after they were taken over by a US firm who shipped all the jobs out to Germany, IIRC. They left the place alone for two years after the buyout.

Another firm I worked at was also bought out and left alone for two years before changes started. I wonder if it's something that gets written into the sale contract to offer a modicum of stability to the staff?

Super poster

This morning was off to misty start when I cracked an eye open at 0730. It's now clear and sunny albeit a little chilly.

Not working today, enjoying lazing about.

Off to do the shopping
    Me too, after the hoi polloi thing.

Just had mine delivered

I'm turning into the little old man who talks to the cashier because that's the only interaction he has all day.

Just seen some of those climate change protesters going through Liverpool Street station.

Maybe I should have killed them to help the planet?
    Paging Mr Zeitghost, paging Mr Zeitghost.

I gave up and went for the two nearest me
    K.I.S.S.

Wot's this 'ere ear?

I do it because i'm a lazy fecker, and i can.

See comment above.

In other news, a nice selection of junk foods reduced in Morrisons, Ginsters Cornish Pasties, Scotch Eggs, Cornish Brie (.

Should keep me going until Monday.

Also found some more dvds, looks like someone's been donating.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Well, they will give it a year or two and then there will be much change once they start "integrating".

My mum used to work for HiTek Power (they used to make high voltage batteries and the like) and saw the place change massively after they were taken over by a US firm who shipped all the jobs out to Germany, IIRC. They left the place alone for two years after the buyout.

Another firm I worked at was also bought out and left alone for two years before changes started. I wonder if it's something that gets written into the sale contract to offer a modicum of stability to the staff?
    It gives all the smart and competent - and therefore well-paid - people a chance to get out while the getting's good; no need to pay redundancy if they leave voluntarily. Then they're left with the dimwits, which gives them the perfect reason to shut the whole thing down at a lower cost in redundancy payments, while retaining the IP or customers or whatever it was they really bought the place for

whatever it was they really bought the place for
    Frequently just to get rid of competition.

And then:

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    In a final betrayal of the Cadbury brand, Kraft has quietly abandoned its promise to stick with Fairtrade | The Independent

Never trust a Septic.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20th September 2019 at 11:12.
    When the fun stops, STOP.