• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Dithering muchly over what to have for dinner. This is the problem with having too many options
    well, mine won't be a surprise

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      well, mine won't be a surprise
      It was, in fact, delicious.

the smell was Not lying.

and a nice pinot noir to wash it down.

just watched the GP highlights.

meh.

bikes are more exciting.

Comment

Dithering muchly over what to have for dinner. This is the problem with having too many options
        Sausages, chips, and beans in the end; and very nice it was

And I may have a piece of blackberry & apple pie out of the freezer in a bit. Or there's a coffee & walnut cake (Sainsbury's) that Needs To Be Eaten™. More decisions…

Comment

The evening's entertainment began with "Jumpin Jack Flash (1986)" with that Whoopi Goldberg.

Jumpin' Jack Flash (1986) - IMDb

It was quite funny in parts.

Now watching "Nazi World War Weird" on Blaze.

It's about Japnese unit 731 and the aerial mines they launched against the US mainland.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Those blasted jackdaws are tap dancing on the chimney again. .
            Is this some sort of a coded message?

Comment

Originally posted by HoofHearted View Post
              Is this some sort of a coded message?
              Yes tovarich, do you find it inneresting?

Now watching "Tories at War" on 4.

Feck me.

<comment deleted>

In other news, it's pissing down again.

Feck me there's some obnoxious scum on this programme.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 September 2019, 21:45.

Comment

Tonight's fillum was Dead Poets Society (1989) - IMDb, in which we learn that American attempts to emulate the English public school result in somewhere that is, if anything, even more unpleasant for the hapless youth consigned thereto, and that teachers who don't stick to the curriculum are likely to find their employment to be of limited duration. One of those films I vaguely remember being spoken highly of when it came out, but which I'd never seen until now. It's pretty good, if you're in the mood for something about how terrible life was for a few extremely privileged young people in the McCarthy era

Goodnight all

Comment

Pleasant in Manchester this morning..

Not sure how long it will stay like that.

Comment

Tonight's fillum was Dead Poets Society (1989) - IMDb, in which we learn that American attempts to emulate the English public school result in somewhere that is, if anything, even more unpleasant for the hapless youth consigned thereto, and that teachers who don't stick to the curriculum are likely to find their employment to be of limited duration. One of those films I vaguely remember being spoken highly of when it came out, but which I'd never seen until now. It's pretty good, if you're in the mood for something about how terrible life was for a few extremely privileged young people in the McCarthy era

Goodnight all
                    It's in the pile (or one of the piles somewhere, I think it's towards the top of the stairs close to the landing.

I've never watched it either.

Oh good, I was afraid it had that fat obnoxious twat Corden in it but it doesn't.

I might be able to watch it in which case.

I see that Corden was in Pierrepoint the last hangman.

I do so trust that he got hanged.

Sadly not, it would appear he was the assistant.

Morning all

Undry but no current precipitation.

Deluginous overnight.

Grey.

Sunless.

And worst of all, it's fecking Monday again.

Thankfully no telex machines are present, though that documentary on 4 was enough to induce the same ambition.

I look forward to The Peoples' Court trying these perfidious traitors and their heads ending up on spikes over Traitors' Gate.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 September 2019, 08:25.

Comment

morning

CBS and KB this morning

Comment

Working...
                      X