• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS.

Sunny.

No current precipitation.

Running that cable yesterday doesn't appear to have done my back a power of good.

Ho hum.

Looks like a fine day.

Cooler in here today: 17.4 deg C and the windows are all misted up.

Winter draws on.

I suppose on that happy note I'd better do the dishes and stagger off down town.

I've had to stop buying pork pies (Morrisons, reduced) before I end up the size of a house.

Other pies are available, along with Cornish pasties and I've had to stop buying those too.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 October 2019, 07:41.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out

Chilly though: 8°C out there, 19° within

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

The Mouth Breather is here again.

The Sniffer hasn't arrived yet.

Should have worn my leather jacket on the way down coz it really was a bit chilly.

Comment

morning

CBS and very KB today

Comment

The sun has departed hence & the sky is now a uniform white.

Avoided visiting Morrisons so the the temptation to buy pies Morrisons, reduced) was ameliorated a bit.

Thencely proceeded to walk up to Tonna lock & back as a first attempt at a little exercise, very gentle since it's flat, apart from the hill from the tow path to the road.

Could really have done with the leather jacket because It Was Not Warm at all.

After I've recovered a bit from the unexpected exertions it'll be time to start farting about with that cable so that it's a bit tidier than at present, reducing the risk of strangulation when inadvertently opening the cupboard door.

Well there's a thing: just received a snail mail from an agency I applied to via Total Jobs.

Since their client figured out how ancient I am and wasn't innerested, I deleted the Total Jobs account.

Now "they have several vacancies I might like to discuss with them".

I really don't think so having looked at what they're advertising on Total Jobs.

The desire to fix PCs in Cardiff for £17k p/a doesn't exactly get the juices flowing.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 October 2019, 10:37.

Comment

Morning all
              Clear blue skies but chilly here.
              Surgery confirmed for 11.15 tomorrow morning
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Morning all
                Good luck! <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Thencely proceeded to walk up to Tonna lock & back as a first attempt at a little exercise, very gentle since it's flat, apart from the hill from the tow path to the road.

I need to start walking more again. I could go out to Bradgate Park to observe the deer rut as that's generally happening around now, but there was flooding around there yesterday so maybe I'll use that as an excuse not to leave it for a few days

Comment

Been dithering over working out how to extract stuff from a Postgis database (OpenStreetMap data) as GeoJSON for ages, as it looked like it might be a bit complicated. Turns out it's a one-liner with the ogr2ogr command I already have installed

Code:
                    ogr2ogr -f GeoJSON rutland.json "PG:host=<database server> dbname=<database name> user=<user> password=<password>" \
                      -sql "select way, name from planet_osm_polygon where name='<administrative area I want the boundary and name of in the output, e.g. Rutland>'"

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all

In other news I've just given the maidenhair fern a buzz cut and pruned the miniature rose to death.

Poked the now dead cyclamen that's been on its side out the frount and discovered a toad was living in the pot.

The trip down to the compost heap with the detritus revealed that a rat has taken up residence, presumably existing on the apples and the remarkable number of worms that are in there too.

Since it's a nice day I think I'll do a little light gardening this afternoon & chop down the raspberry canes that are infested with honeyfeckingsuckle.

It occurred to me this morning that despite the amount of money I've invested in stuff over the years, very little of it actually gets any use.

This box & the win2k box upstairs with Freecell on it are more or less the only things that get switched on nowadays.

Maybe I should scrap it all.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 October 2019, 11:33.

Comment

Working...
                      X