test please delete test please delete - Page 31713
Page 31713 of 31840 FirstFirst ... 30713312133161331663317033171131712317133171431715317233176331813 ... LastLast
Posts 317,121 to 317,130 of 318398

My post count is Majestic

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch. Vary tasty

Well that was inneresting.

"Tidying up" a bit now that I've got a roundtuit, sudden advent of stuff banging on the windows out the front.

Turned out to be one of those window washer chaps with the brush on a long pole.

WTF are you doing says I?

Got paperwork saying windows need cleaning says he.

Not from me you ain't says I.

Stout party consults paperwork which declares that he should be cleaning the windows 2 doors up.

Well we share one address digit so it was close.

Despite the A4 sheet of paper showing my house number in 72 point which clearly ain't wot his paperwork showed.

Now where did I leave that duster?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sausages in finger rolls for lunch. Vary tasty
    That should be "very", not "vary". I blame autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Mind you, I've been more attentive to the cleaning of the hearing aids than I was. I've got some alcohol-free antibacterial wipes (the ones with alcohol in can damage the plastic, apparently) which I used every couple of days to give them a clean; of course, it ended up being longer than a couple of days, and I was cleaning them before putting them in but putting them away still mucky.

Since the great ear problem I've been cleaning them immediately after use, every time. And whereas before I got a slightly sore ear canal, usually the left, from time to time, that hasn't happened at all since I became so diligent.

So it appears one should be careful not to stick dirty things in one's ears, and immediately clean things that have been in there rather than letting them fester overnight. Who knew?
    The saga continues: my left ear started developing quite bad flaky skin (and my right to a certain extent). A little Googling suggested this might be eczema caused by it coming into contact with some unexpected substance. And what substance had recently been introduced thereto? The antibacterial agent on the wipes I've been using

So I've now introduced an additional step of cleaning the stuff off them with a bit of damp tissue the next day, and my ears seem to be recovering.

It's all very complicated

More fingers than teeth

Just got an email promising me a 45% share of $12,500,000 if I consent to being presented as next of kin to somebody who had died in Spain. Naturally I cannot pass up this great opportunity!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

There's been a broken golf umbrella (Slazenger) lying around in the front garden next-door-but-one since the weekend. It's windy today, so it's been blown across the lawn to just beside their path. Wondering if this will inspire one of the residents to pick it up and take it to a bin, or if they'll all continue to treat it as Somebody Else's Problem

Wot's this 'ere ear?

In other ear related news, the Lidl(tm) Powerfix Ear Defenders with built in wirelss is defunct.

It cost £25.

The same thing from Screwfix is £57.

Tea this evening was the last of the roast beef with carrots and onions.

It was nice enough if a bit heavy on the smoked paprika and a tad light on the cornflour.

The experimental rice pudding made in the microwave is not going well.

All followed (eventually) by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The evening's entertainment is pencilled in as S2 E11 and E12 of "Jeremiah".

It might be followed by S1 E5 of "Joan of Arcadia" which is much more amusing.

Double Godlike!

Actually sat in the garden enjoying the late afternoon sun.

Only wearing jeans and a hoodie so must be global warming I guess.

Soon be dark though.

Enjoy your evening's.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The experimental rice pudding made in the microwave is not going well.
    It turned out ok after I'd cooked it on Defrost for 15 minutes.

Very nice.

In an overly sweet sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    It turned out ok after I'd cooked it on Defrost for 15 minutes.

Very nice.

In an overly sweet sort of way.
    *adds to recipe book*

Does it still form a nicely charred skin in the microwave, like it does in the oven? I would guess not. I haven't had rice pudding in many years, but when I was a kid my Mum made it a lot and we used to like the burnt skin

I tried making normal rice in the microwave once, but as far as I recall it turned into a right faff and I wasn't happy with the results. As I'd managed to work out how to make it just fine (for my tastes, anyway) in a saucepan by then, I've stuck to that since