• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Boom!! First contractor in the world with ITIL4 Managing Professional certification.

Now to try get a gig to get the eye watering price of it back.

to myself I think.

So can you now tell us why CUK is so cr4p?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Where's that scoury person gorn??
      WTFH shot him at last??
      Ah the sweet release of death. Sadly I survived....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I didn't have any coffee this morning. Wondering whether to have it now. It's not as if I need to worry about it keeping me awake at night, given the time I usually get to bed on a Saturday
        I hate coffee. Bad effects. I was ill in 2007 and could not have anything but water for 3 days. I used it as a chance to kick the habit. Now I only take it when doing sports events.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Lunch was a large seedy roll with ripe camembert and cranberry jelly.

oh, and 80CL of earl grey tea.

f'lup now.

Where's that scoury person gorn??
          WTFH shot him at last??
          Millenium

Comment

Tonight's viewing was more of Breaking Bad, taking me into season four: S3E13 Full Measure (TV Episode 2010), S4E1 Box Cutter (TV Episode 2011), and S4E2 Thirty-Eight Snub (TV Episode 2011)

Goodnight all
            Century

Comment

And back in tpd real-time.

I am now mostly caught up on CUK things I care about. Like LR, scheme, social. Only 1 thing left. The most important. 2 lots of Monday links! These tend to be quite intensive so I will take a break......

Comment

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch. Vary tasty

Comment

Well that was inneresting.

"Tidying up" a bit now that I've got a roundtuit, sudden advent of stuff banging on the windows out the front.

Turned out to be one of those window washer chaps with the brush on a long pole.

WTF are you doing says I?

Got paperwork saying windows need cleaning says he.

Not from me you ain't says I.

Stout party consults paperwork which declares that he should be cleaning the windows 2 doors up.

Well we share one address digit so it was close.

Despite the A4 sheet of paper showing my house number in 72 point which clearly ain't wot his paperwork showed.

Now where did I leave that duster?
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch. Vary tasty
                    That should be "very", not "vary". I blame autocorrect

Comment

Mind you, I've been more attentive to the cleaning of the hearing aids than I was. I've got some alcohol-free antibacterial wipes (the ones with alcohol in can damage the plastic, apparently) which I used every couple of days to give them a clean; of course, it ended up being longer than a couple of days, and I was cleaning them before putting them in but putting them away still mucky.

Since the great ear problem I've been cleaning them immediately after use, every time. And whereas before I got a slightly sore ear canal, usually the left, from time to time, that hasn't happened at all since I became so diligent.

So it appears one should be careful not to stick dirty things in one's ears, and immediately clean things that have been in there rather than letting them fester overnight. Who knew?
                      The saga continues: my left ear started developing quite bad flaky skin (and my right to a certain extent). A little Googling suggested this might be eczema caused by it coming into contact with some unexpected substance. And what substance had recently been introduced thereto? The antibacterial agent on the wipes I've been using

So I've now introduced an additional step of cleaning the stuff off them with a bit of damp tissue the next day, and my ears seem to be recovering.

It's all very complicated

Comment

Working...
                      X