• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tea has been M&S battered chunky haddock, with chips and beans. Very nice

The wind’s got up outside, though the rain is still patchy.

Tea this evening, by sheer coincidence, was M&S battered chunky haddock, which, by some miracle of the culinary deities, I managed not to cook to death.

It was pretty nice.

Concluded, as usual, with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The evening's entertainment was provided by yet more BTVS S3, E12, 13, 14, & 15, wherein a) Buffy loses her powers for a test, b) Xander does some dumb stuff & gets his rocks off with Faith, c) Buffy & Faith do naughty things and a new Watcher turns up, d) the naughtiness of Faith takes her into the Mayor's clutches.

It's still raining but not quite so heavily.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight’s first fillum was The Edge (1997) in which Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin, along with Harold Perrineau (that chap who was in the wheelchair in Oz and also in The Matrix but not in a wheelchair), are stranded in the wilderness of somewhere in North America. Things turn out as badly as you’d expect if you’ve ever seen a film about going to such wildernesses. Personally, if I was rich enough to go to such a place, I wouldn’t. Anyway, it was quite good overall, and I was pleased to see the bear was billed only a couple of lines below Elle McPherson, for animals don’t often get sufficient recognition in these things.

After such an extreme dose of the wonders of nature, I fancied something less natural, so it was time for yet another rewatch of Looper (2012), as time travel movies are always worth a rewatch, as it was

Finally, having just rewatched Breaking Bad, I wondered if I should try rewatching The Wire. I thought I could handle it. Just one taste; just see what it was like. I was sure I could take it or let it alone. But… The Target (TV Episode 2002), The Detail (TV Episode 2002), The Buys (TV Episode 2002)

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Not quite raining murrain of beasts, old women and sticks but it's doing its best, like.

Last morning before the clocks go back, so this will be 7:58 tomorrow.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tonight’s first fillum was The Edge (1997) in which Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin, along with Harold Perrineau (that chap who was in the wheelchair in Oz and also in The Matrix but not in a wheelchair), are stranded in the wilderness of somewhere in North America. Things turn out as badly as you’d expect if you’ve ever seen a film about going to such wildernesses. Personally, if I was rich enough to go to such a place, I wouldn’t. Anyway, it was quite good overall, and I was pleased to see the bear was billed only a couple of lines below Elle McPherson, for animals don’t often get sufficient recognition in these things.
        IIRC I watched that a couple of months ago.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        "The Edge" is worth a look.

I've seen it before, but it was worth the extortionate sum of £1 to watch it again.
        May, as it transpires.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 October 2019, 08:01.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          dinner was a chicken vindaloo with extra everything in a vain attempt to
          a) taste it
          b) kill the lurgy that's stopping me tasting stuff.

a) worked fine, and it also cleared my sinuses magnificently.

b) we can but wait in hope.

watching weasels on BBC2.
          Morning all

Currently persisting it down and has been most of the night.

Dog has retreated to her crate and refuses to go out.

That weasels thing was pretty good. If Honey Badgers ever develop opposable thumbs we are in real trouble and baby weasels are far cuter even than you expect them to be.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tea this evening, by sheer coincidence, was M&S battered chunky haddock,
            what's the difference from ordinary haddock? does the M&S haddock have a gym membership?

Comment

oh, morning all

grey and dreich in soggy sarf herts.

England are playing very well.
              Last edited by BR14; 26 October 2019, 09:21.

Comment

The evening's entertainment was provided by yet more BTVS S3, E12, 13, 14, & 15, wherein a) Buffy loses her powers for a test, b) Xander does some dumb stuff & gets his rocks off with Faith, c) Buffy & Faith do naughty things and a new Watcher turns up, d) the naughtiness of Faith takes her into the Mayor's clutches.
                One has just realised that one of this evening's eps is "Dopplegangland", this being another of my favourites.

I trust it will hold up to scrutiny a bit better than "Band Candy" did a couple of days ago.

Comment

oh, morning all

grey and dreich in soggy sarf herts.

England are playing very well.
                  What an excellent performance!
                  best game yet.
                  even better than Scotland/Japan.
                  well done England, as much as it hurts my finer sensibilities to say it.

so the All Blacks CAN be beaten.
                  who'd've thought?

Comment

What an excellent performance!
                    best game yet.
                    even better than Scotland/Japan.
                    well done England, as much as it hurts my finer sensibilities to say it.

so the All Blacks CAN be beaten.
                    who'd've thought?

Even after the final whistle I could not believe England had won...

Comment

in other news, the bombardment of garlic, chilli and ginger, together with the constant low level assaults of hot toddys, seems to have the lurgy very firmly on the back foot.

The Tide is Turning.

Comment

Working...
                      X