test please delete test please delete - Page 31830
Page 31830 of 31929 FirstFirst ... 308303133031730317803182031828318293183031831318323184031880 ... LastLast
Posts 318,291 to 318,300 of 319287

Haven't dusted in ages, mostly because everything has something else on top of it.

I moved into this tuliphole of mine a year last April and the extremely expensive hifi is sitting on shelves as unconnected and dusty as it was back then.

Well a bit more dusty if I'm honest.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

My post count is Majestic

Afternoon denizens

Grey but mild out - no rain, and the trees aren’t waving their arms about so there isn’t any wind to speak of, as far as I can tell from in here

I suppose it could be a bit warmer than 8°C if it tried, but it’s just over 17° in here which isn’t too bad

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    ^^ Wot? No Bab5 which is replete with spaceships of many origins.
    Indeed, but I tend more towards films as the main feature on a Friday

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Neither my VAT return nor my OU assignment were done yesterday so I need to do those today. I no doubt will find other chores to do instead.
    I have a tendency to put off things like tax returns until the last minute because of this vague feeling that they’ll be a right pain to slog through, then they end up taking about five minutes tops

I think we’re just culturally conditioned to expect things like that to be a pain to do, despite all experience to the contrary

OU assignments probably do involve a bit of effort, though

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    I have a tendency to put off things like tax returns until the last minute because of this vague feeling that they’ll be a right pain to slog through, then they end up taking about five minutes tops

I think we’re just culturally conditioned to expect things like that to be a pain to do, despite all experience to the contrary test please delete

OU assignments probably do involve a bit of effort, though
    The minor tedium with the VAT return is just me bothering to do my expenses part and check my receipts. Everything else does indeed only take about 5 minutes. Sometimes I wonder if I should have stayed on the FRS.

The OU assignment is probably about 4 hours of effort if I focus.

I’ve got some 5m network cables on the way from Amazon today. I got fed up of backups of the laptop and transfers of large files taking so long, so yesterday I finally got around to plugging in the 8 port switch I bought ages ago*, and now I just need the cables to get everything hooked up

* Checking my Amazon order history, I see it was three years ago, all but two days. It cost me £13.99, and is now priced at £16.49 reduced from £18.99. So it seems I got a bargain, even if I did then leave it lying around doing nothing for nearly three years

3 year?

Pah! That's nothing.

I've got a PLC upstairs that StrangeloveLtd bought in 1999 for no readily apparent reason.

It's still in the box.

There's a VHS/dvd recorder thingie sitting under the kitchen worktop that I bought about 8 or 9 years ago from some bunch of fly by nights called Maplin.

It probably doesn't work any more.

And I'd forgotten about the Lexmark printer bought in a sale from the old Currys in Swansea for £18 round about 2002.

That's still in the box too.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    And I'd forgotten about the Lexmark printer bought in a sale from the old Currys in Swansea for £18 round about 2002.

That's still in the box too.
    Think of the money you’ve saved on ink

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Think of the money you’ve saved on ink
    Aye, not to mention the money I've saved on ink for an A3 HP inkjet that was taken out of the box, connected to a PC and that's as far as it ever went.

The idea was it would print A3 schematic diagrams but that idea never transpired into actuality.

Om.

Following the walk up to the viewless point, a little more "gardening" transpired, inasmuch as more of the pile of detritus got put into the 4 green waste bags ready for a trip down the dump next week sometime.