test please delete test please delete - Page 31839
Page 31839 of 31905 FirstFirst ... 308393133931739317893182931837318383183931840318413184931889 ... LastLast
Posts 318,381 to 318,390 of 319049

In with the hoi polloi.

Quite chilly on the way down to town.

Brrrrrrr.

Still sunless.

Byeeee

Off to M&S to seek further supplies of chunky breaded haddock, or maybe some chunky battered haddock, or even, at a push, some chunky battered cod.

And a loaf of Morrisons pumpkin seed bread, existing stocks having become depleted.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19th November 2019 at 10:30.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

My post count is Majestic

Morning denizens

Sunny but chilly out - though temperatures have now soared to the 3°C mark out there

Languishing at 15.3° in here. Might have to see about putting the fire on at this rate

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The Oak Island nutjobs cure the leaking coffer dam with, wait for it, wait for it, not oakum and pitch but rather silicone sealant such as one might use around the bath.

This week they found some wood down a couple of boreholes, they found what may be the location of a cellar (bound to have a tunnel under it once it's excavated of course), met some astrophysicist chap who reckons there's a map of the constellation Taurus on Oak Island and Apple Island, found a rusty & bent spike thing in the Cove, had someone use a laser scanner to scan the "90 foot stone" they found a couple of weeks ago, then started excavating in Smiths Cove with the usual JCB.

They've bought a washery plant from a quarry to wash & sort the spoil from the Cove.

And they found a metal object, encrusted with accretion, which has a gold coloured edge.

Again, the money pit is so called because of all the money that's been poured into it by treasure hunting fools over the last couple of centuries.

Oh and they found the U shaped wooden structure in the Cove as well, replete with Roman Numerals, i.e. carpenter's marks.

The excitement is palpable.
    It almost sounds worth watching! You should be the official narrator.....

Off to M&S to seek further supplies of chunky breaded haddock, or maybe some chunky battered haddock, or even, at a push, some chunky battered cod.

And a loaf of Morrisons pumpkin seed bread, existing stocks having become depleted.
    Better to live in hope than die in despair.

M&S was totally fishless, no haddock, cod, plaice or anyfeckingthing else.

Happily Morrisons had stock of the pumpkin seed bread.

<munching hiatus>

Lunch today was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast (crust) rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

All very nice.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19th November 2019 at 12:53.

Lunch has been a bacon and chipolata bap (wholemeal, red sauce)

And yet another bedding wash is on. I want to get to the point of having only clean bedding and what’s in use, just for a change. Normally there’s at least one set in need of washing that sits around for ages until it has to be done

Super poster

I have three sets of bedding. One on the bed, one washed and then put away immediately on being removed, and the third is emergency contingency. I actually have a fourth set but that's still in the packaging ready to be deployed when either set 1 or 2 falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have three sets of bedding. One on the bed, one washed and then put away immediately on being removed, and the third is emergency contingency. I actually have a fourth set but that's still in the packaging ready to be deployed when either set 1 or 2 falls apart.
    Same here, but it’s usually one on the bed and the other two waiting for me to wash them. And the fourth got packed away when I moved here fifteen or so years ago and hasn’t been unpacked yet. And it probably needs a wash

Yet another trip down the dump with 4 bags of "green" waste.

It's mostly brown or black in reality.

When I came back I turned the remaining pile over with a fork to dry it out a bit.

I think there's at least another 8 bags still there.

Happily no hedgehogs were found.

The front gate started dragging again this morning so I took it off to see wtf was wrong with it.

In essence the pins in the hinge have worn out over the last 80 years or so which is a bitch since I can't get the bottom one out of the cement it's in.

Did think of building it up using some weld but it's a bit awkward so used a couple of big washers to shim the gate up passed the worn bit to the bit that's still sort of roundish.

It'll last until I can be arsed to do it properly.

The gate itself needs some more paint and a bit welded on here & there.

That can wait too.

<cooking type hiatus>

Tea this evening was M&S chunky breaded haddock which I managed not to overcook.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Once the dishes and the shower are done with, it'll be time for Angel S2 E21 & 22, and possibly BTVS S6 E1, the one with the Buffybot of "That'll put marzipan in your pie plate bingo" fame.

I have no idea why I find that so amusing.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19th November 2019 at 18:15.

Lamb stew is a-stewing

I suspect there’ll be at least a couple of days’ worth out of it

Godlike

M&S was totally fishless, no haddock, cod, plaice or anyfeckingthing else.

Tea this evening was M&S chunky breaded haddock which I managed not to overcook.
    magic chunky haddock?
    and what IS the difference between this 'chunky' haddock, cod etc, from normal haddock, cod etc wot one gets from the local fishmonger?

is this like 'hand crafted' beer, and 'hand battered' chips?

dinner was the last of the malay curried lamb, and very wonderful it was too.

with a nice merlot.

tv's fecked again, so netflix it is.
    mind you, that's mostly turgid pish as well.
    glad i don't pay for it.

Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................