test please delete test please delete - Page 31846
Page 31846 of 31907 FirstFirst ... 308463134631746317963183631844318453184631847318483185631896 ... LastLast
Posts 318,451 to 318,460 of 319065
  1. #318451

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    8,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I gave up chocolate(and refined sugar) in May 2019. And now I can eat what I want, when I want, without putting on weight.
    except chocolate or refined sugar?
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  2. #318452

    Super poster

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I gave up chocolate(and refined sugar) in May 2019. And now I can eat what I want, when I want, without putting on weight.
    What a miserable life without a bit of chocolate or a slice of cake every now and then.

  3. #318453

    More fingers than teeth

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    13,204

    Default

    Bit of dark chocolate's good for yer int it?
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

  4. #318454

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    except chocolate or refined sugar?
    You forgot alcohol and coffee. And I don't smoke.

    Its just crack cocaine for me....

  5. #318455

    Super poster

    ladymuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,049

    Default



    Morning all.

    Had a nice lie in this morning as I am WFH today/tomorrow. I wisely set up the work laptop in my office when I got in yesterday so it was all ready to go when I finally got up.

    No idea what the outside world is up to as I haven't looked out of the window. I believe it to be dry and a bit overcast.

    Chatting with a friend about how some of her facebook friends unfriended her for sharing a meme that was taking the mickey out of Labour policies. It's such a shame that political discussion simply doesn't happen any more. If your opinion differs, you're cast out and never spoken to again. What happened to people discussing ideas, sharing their views and people changing their minds on hearing a well reasoned argument? My friend stated why she felt the policies were economically unsound and all her ex-friend said was 'that's a load of crap' and unfriended her. No attempt to discuss the pros and cons of their opposing views.

  6. #318456

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Bit of dark chocolate's good for yer int it?
    No. Because it is addictive.

  7. #318457

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    What a miserable life without a bit of chocolate or a slice of cake every now and then.
    Which is where you are wrong. I feel sorry for you if happiness revolves around refined sugar. Any "happiness" is due to the withdrawal symptoms leaving.

    Try and give it up. Its worse than giving up crack. But after a month you feel much better.

    And you can eat all the dates, grapes, etc. you want....

  8. #318458

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    104,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Chatting with a friend about how some of her facebook friends unfriended her for sharing a meme that was taking the mickey out of Labour policies. It's such a shame that political discussion simply doesn't happen any more. If your opinion differs, you're cast out and never spoken to again. What happened to people discussing ideas, sharing their views and people changing their minds on hearing a well reasoned argument? My friend stated why she felt the policies were economically unsound and all her ex-friend said was 'that's a load of crap' and unfriended her. No attempt to discuss the pros and cons of their opposing views.
    I am with the one who unfriended. I go to facebook to get away from politics and other nonsense. Anyone who makes political comments gets defriended.

    Facebook it for family pictures and posts about cats......

  9. #318459

    Double Godlike!

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    12,341

    Default

    Windy and grey ish in Manchester

    tfit

  10. #318460

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    8,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Which is where you are wrong. I feel sorry for you if happiness revolves around refined sugar. Any "happiness" is due to the withdrawal symptoms leaving.

    Try and give it up. Its worse than giving up crack. But after a month you feel much better.

    And you can eat all the dates, grapes, etc. you want....
    what's giving up crack like then?

    and why give up anything if you don't want to?
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •