test please delete test please delete - Page 31846
Page 31846 of 31907 FirstFirst ... 308463134631746317963183631844318453184631847318483185631896 ... LastLast
Posts 318,451 to 318,460 of 319065

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I gave up chocolate(and refined sugar) in May 2019. And now I can eat what I want, when I want, without putting on weight.
    except chocolate or refined sugar?
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Super poster

I gave up chocolate(and refined sugar) in May 2019. And now I can eat what I want, when I want, without putting on weight.
    What a miserable life without a bit of chocolate or a slice of cake every now and then.

More fingers than teeth

Bit of dark chocolate's good for yer int it?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    except chocolate or refined sugar?
    You forgot alcohol and coffee. And I don't smoke.

Its just crack cocaine for me....

Super poster

Morning all.

Had a nice lie in this morning as I am WFH today/tomorrow. I wisely set up the work laptop in my office when I got in yesterday so it was all ready to go when I finally got up.

No idea what the outside world is up to as I haven't looked out of the window. I believe it to be dry and a bit overcast.

Chatting with a friend about how some of her facebook friends unfriended her for sharing a meme that was taking the mickey out of Labour policies. It's such a shame that political discussion simply doesn't happen any more. If your opinion differs, you're cast out and never spoken to again. What happened to people discussing ideas, sharing their views and people changing their minds on hearing a well reasoned argument? My friend stated why she felt the policies were economically unsound and all her ex-friend said was 'that's a load of crap' and unfriended her. No attempt to discuss the pros and cons of their opposing views.

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Bit of dark chocolate's good for yer int it?
    No. Because it is addictive.

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    What a miserable life without a bit of chocolate or a slice of cake every now and then.
    Which is where you are wrong. I feel sorry for you if happiness revolves around refined sugar. Any "happiness" is due to the withdrawal symptoms leaving.

Try and give it up. Its worse than giving up crack. But after a month you feel much better.

And you can eat all the dates, grapes, etc. you want....

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    Chatting with a friend about how some of her facebook friends unfriended her for sharing a meme that was taking the mickey out of Labour policies. It's such a shame that political discussion simply doesn't happen any more. If your opinion differs, you're cast out and never spoken to again. What happened to people discussing ideas, sharing their views and people changing their minds on hearing a well reasoned argument? My friend stated why she felt the policies were economically unsound and all her ex-friend said was 'that's a load of crap' and unfriended her. No attempt to discuss the pros and cons of their opposing views.
    I am with the one who unfriended. I go to facebook to get away from politics and other nonsense. Anyone who makes political comments gets defriended.

Facebook it for family pictures and posts about cats......

Double Godlike!

Windy and grey ish in Manchester

tfit

Godlike

Which is where you are wrong. I feel sorry for you if happiness revolves around refined sugar. Any "happiness" is due to the withdrawal symptoms leaving.

Try and give it up. Its worse than giving up crack. But after a month you feel much better.

And you can eat all the dates, grapes, etc. you want....
    what's giving up crack like then?

and why give up anything if you don't want to?
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................