• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Afternoon all

A bit chilly earlier, but currently there's a shoot going on somewhere nearby so I have a trembling dog lying on my feet.
    not a good gun dog then, eh?
    does it chase cyclists??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      not a good gun dog then, eh?
      does it chase cyclists??

Gun shy, that's why we re-homed her when her original owner knew he'd never be able to work her.

As for chasing cyclists, I tend to be careful with them, they are so arrogant and self-centred, believing it's up to everyone and everything to make way for them.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        What's more annoying is looking at previous code I had the exact same issue a year ago and had completely forgotten
        Best is when you search and the first result is a (correct) answer you posted to StackOverflow years before

Comment

Gun shy, that's why we re-homed her when her original owner knew he'd never be able to work her.

As for chasing cyclists, I tend to be careful with them, they are so arrogant and self-centred, believing it's up to everyone and everything to make way for them.
          shoveing a walking stick into the rear wheel (or front if they're really aggressive) works fine for me

Comment

Unlike the people of Surrey who don't want any visitors.

Anyway if one has to watch out for pedestrians it makes it harder to throw gel wrappers....

Comment

Just been pinging faqqer - hope he will pop in at some point.

He will try to make the Manchester meet. He originally said he would not attend if LM was there. But upon learning HWMBO will be there he said he will try to turn up ask him why he puts up with her.....

Comment

1 hour 45 minutes until I head to Euston for my train to the land of the sheep eaters....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Best is when you search and the first result is a (correct) answer you posted to StackOverflow years before
                  My favourite one is from an old clientco where the only stackoverflow answer was wrong but at least explained why the hackville my colleague was trying to fix was such a hideous hack.

Well it did after we followed the author's name and found out it was the contractor I had replaced due to his incompetency.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    My favourite one is from an old clientco where the only stackoverflow answer was wrong but at least explained why the hackville my colleague was trying to fix was such a hideous hack.

Well it did after we followed the author's name and found out it was the contractor I had replaced due to his incompetency.
                    A colleague posted an issue on a technical chat channel. Then that he knew how to fix it. Same issue came up years later and he had forgotten! That will teach him.....

Comment

I think I'll take the green waste down the dump whilst I'm awaiting the end of the TD and WM cycles.

Said cycles are a bit late today since I forgot the first lot was about to finish in my haste to make lunch.

Lunch today, as made by me, was baked beans on Morrisons pumpkin and sunflower* seeded toast.

Rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

*It's always been sunflower and pumpkin seeded bread but I forgot about the sunflower side of it.

And speaking of forgetting stuff, forgot the term "anachronism" yet again, but instead of 3 weeks like the last time, it took about 15 minutes to remember it.

It was spurred by my forgetting something else and remembering the 3 weeks of torment which resulted in 15 minutes of ness.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X