• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch today was a breaded chicken breast fillet in a wholemeal bap with red sauce. Made a nice change

Comment

Texted the landlord in case he hadn’t been informed of what the Tories had done for his small business this morning. He just called me back, and he is fuming

Comment

Gordon Bennet! Just got an email from a bloke who was manager at a place I contracted at in 2003, asking if I was interested in updating some satellite stuff he thinks I wrote. Not sure I did but said I'd have a look anyway.

CHRIS - Earth Online - ESA

PS I'll know if it was my code, there will be words like a*rse in the comments.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 22 November 2019, 16:43.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Rain’s stopped

It’ll start again later tonight, though

Comment

Oh, and mundane laundry has been accomplished

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

PS I'll know if it was my code, there will be words like a*rse in the comments.
              with mine, and some old chums, it was 'mince'

several large financial institutions have stuff, running 24x7 with lots of that sh1t in the code.
              30+ years, some of it's been running.

Comment

For tonight’s tea, the freezer yielded up a lamb shank in red wine and redcurrant sauce, accompanied by freshly-made salt and black pepper potato wedges, and petit pois. All very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  For tonight’s tea, the freezer yielded up a lamb shank in red wine and redcurrant sauce, accompanied by freshly-made salt and black pepper potato wedges, and petit pois. All very tasty
                  you just can't beat a slow cooked lamb shank, in whatever sauce.
                  they were dead cheap once, then they got gastropubbed.

and the price went up.

b@stards

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    you just can't beat a slow cooked lamb shank, in whatever sauce.
                    they were dead cheap once, then they got gastropubbed.

and the price went up.

b@stards

Yes, they’re exceedingly nice but it’s a shame the secret was given away to the masses

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Yes, they’re exceedingly nice but it’s a shame the secret was given away to the masses
                      i resemble that remark!

Comment

Working...
                      X