• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea this evening was M&S battered cod.

It wasn't as nice as the haddock despite being chunky.

Might have needed a little more cooking but it was acceptable.

Rounded off by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The televisual treat was BTVS S6 E5 & 6 interspersed with Angel S3 E5 & 6.

Amusing enough, though S6 is a bit meh all in all.

Nice fight at the end of E6 it must be said.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

dinner was jerk chicken, rice an' peas.

from winston's jerk shack.

very good, very hot.

my eyelids are melting.

Comment

Tonight’s first feature was Cast Away (2000), in which FedEx employee Tom Hanks gets delivered to the wrong place and left there for ages. Now he knows how our parcels feel

And after that, a rewatch of Collateral (2004), which is a pretty good thriller of its kind.

Finally, the end of S2 of The Wire, E11 Bad Dreams (TV Episode 2003) and E12 Port in a Storm (TV Episode 2003), in which many things come crashing down, as is the way of such things

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Dryer packed up. Lucky we have loads of radiators. And a launderette round the corner.

Comment

Morning all

Grey. Very very grey.

No current precipitation though it's been pissing down for much of the night.

Warmer. 17.8 deg in here at the moment.

Other than that: dark, dank, dreary, depressing.

Following yesterday's trip to the dump with 3 bags of green waste, that's it until I prune the pear tree to death.

<walking down to the library hiatus>

In with the hoi polloi.

It's almost busy in here now.

Which means it's time for me to go.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 November 2019, 10:09.

Comment

morning

Comment

Yesterday I discovered the jeans I was wearing on my stagger up the hill had the arse hanging out.

This morning the 3 month old walking boots split.

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast.

It was very nice and followed by two blackcurrant jam sarnies and 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, with an all-pervading dampness lingering in the air, though it’s not actually raining now - that’s being held back for my walk to the Chinese this evening, by the look of things

Not too cold by recent standards either, at 9°C - around 15° in here with no fire on yet.

Comment

It’s got dark again. It keeps doing that

Comment

Working...
                      X