• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Bit sunny out

Around 4°C out there now; it was cloudy for part of the night, so I don’t think it got below zero.

Comment

In with the hoi polloi.

The hoi polloi will have to find other entertainment & warmth from Dec 23rd to 2nd Jan since the place is closed.

How will I survive?

How I hate Xmas and all its doings.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        In with the hoi polloi.

The hoi polloi will have to find other entertainment & warmth from Dec 23rd to 2nd Jan since the place is closed.

How will I survive?

bah, hum

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          In with the hoi polloi.

How will I survive?

#metoo!

I was complaining, while having breakfast with a colleague in the canteen, about the wish lists my brother, SiL, nephew and nephew's partner have issued. My mum is livid about it and I am inclined to agree. Especially as I get the list last when all the smaller/cheaper items have been picked off.

Woolworths gift vouchers for the lot of 'em.

Comment

I've declared Xmas a non event.

No presents to be given or received.

And I shall spend Xmas on my own without interaction with family or any other fecker if I can help it.

Bah fecking humbug.

Walk to the viewless point duly walked, strewth it was cold before the blood started flowing a bit.

Innerestingly icy in places too, where the sun hadn't reached.

Absolutely CBS apart from the needful chemtrails to keep us all in order.

Lunch was poached tomato and scrambled egg: today the scrambled egg was nice unlike Monday's which wasn't particularly.

On Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crusty goodness), and I'm currently drinking the requisite 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

<hiatus during which a trip down to the doctor's surgery happened>

Flu Jab jabbed.

Combined with the existing ness the next couple of days may be inneresting.

In other news, the previously CBS is now Simpsonsesque and getting cloudier by the minute. Ho hum.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 December 2019, 14:27.

Comment

It seems to be that time of year when the new graduate pimps are let loose on the phones without their handlers. Of course they all need to build up their lists of victims and leads.

Just spoke to a guy who said my name every sentence. He's never met a contractor who wanted to not opt-out (OK, I looked him up - he's only been out of being a sales "exec" three months) and who claimed the end client specified only opt-out contractors are allowed. I pointed out that all sounds a bit far-fetched and he was rather lost for words and ended the call pretty quickly after that. He's going to have to pass it on to his colleague who is working on this role but isn't in for the rest of the week...

Last week I had a call from a young bloke who wanted to chat about my skills, experience and career aspirations in case they fitted some roles he might have coming in in a month or so... Of course he only had a CV in front of him which was around three years old and needed me to fill him in on where I've been since then, with details of what I was doing and who I was with. Told him to do one (as I know I've interviewed for roles through their outfit within the last six months).

Had an email with a failed mail merge (started Dear ,) and seven typos in the email. He wanted to "have a conversation regarding your current situation, weather you are happy in a role or open to new opportunities"

Hopefully it'll all calm down when the more clueless of them fail their probation in the New Year.

Comment

Sardine toasties for lunch; the olive oil ones, not the tomato sauce ones. Well tasty

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Of course he only had a CV in front of him which was around three years old
                  I still get emails that are referencing a CV knocking on for 15 years old, though maybe the Regressive one got updated about 2013 when I was struggling with the urge to dismember the Dissector of Human Remains at Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde.

I should be out chopping more stuff off that tree while it's fine & dry and sunny.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Sardine toasties for lunch; the olive oil ones, not the tomato sauce ones. Well tasty
                    Sardine order of taste:-
                    olive oil, tomato sauce, brown sauce....

Comment

Three hours since the last TPD post?

Is this thing on?

Comment

Working...
                      X