• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet more pruning of the unfortunate apple tree done.

I now have 4 green bags and one white bag to take down the tip tomorrow.

The tree is covered in lichen with added moss to make up for the bits where there's no lichen.

It's a pale greeny blue colour and there's A Lot Of It.

Tea this evening was the carrots and onions with the last of the roast leg of lamb from Sunday.

I was a bit heavy on the hot smoke paprika and not heavy enough on the cornflour.

Once rounded off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea it was acceptable enough.

Since there wasn't any thing else to eat anyway.

The televisual splendour this evening began with BTVS S7 E2 & E3 interspersed with Angel S4 E2 & E3.

Amusing enough, though the people skinning demon in BTVS was fairly gross even by my standards.

Angel's brat is a major pain in the arse but there you go, must have seemed like a good idea to someone.

The quality of BTVS, Angel, and Firefly were affected by the delusions of grandeur of JW running 3 shows at the same time to the detriment of all.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      aye, - soup yesterday, soup tomorrow, but never soup today.

you should be a politician.

Soup was finally ready, and very nice it was

I used more lentils this time, along with more tomato purée and curry powder, as the chicken was a particularly fine specimen. As a result, I have harvested a further five portions, each of which will fill a bowl to a level that means it’ll have to be carried with extra care

All now cooling, ready to be fridged overnight then crammed into the freezer tomorrow

And I think the long-term plan probably calls for making Scotch broth next week

Comment

Back to Paris tonight for a further episode of Spiral/Engrenages: Episode #4.6 (TV Episode 2012)

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and chilly (3°C) out; looks rather damp too, though no rain

Comment

Morning

grey today

Comment

Morning all

Grey, white sky.

Cold. 16.1 deg in here.

Dry. Apparently.

with knobs bells and whistles on this morning.

That flu jab seems to have knocked me sideways.

The overnight dreams were most odd, as was the incessant coughing etc.

Ready to die now.

Must be unwell since I stayed in bed until 09:00.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Morning all

Grey, white sky.

Cold. 16.1 deg in here.

Dry. Apparently.

with knobs bells and whistles on this morning.

That flu jab seems to have knocked me sideways.

The overnight dreams were most odd, as was the incessant coughing etc.

Ready to die now.

Must be unwell since I stayed in bed until 09:00.
                Wrap up warm, put the heating on, rest. No need to go out and about.

Comment

WFH today and tomorrow. I believe there may have been foggy stuff this morning, judging by all the alerts I was getting on my phone from ClientCo.

I have barely bothered to look out of the window so can't comment on the weather where I am.

Excitement of the day is my Ocado delivery. And I think some work type stuff.

Comment

In other news my arm hurts where it got jabbed.

It wasn't like this last year when I had the under 65 jab.

The over 65 jab seems a bit more virulent and the existing lurgie probably didn't help a lot.

The assorted drugs and lincti seem to be having some sort of effect.

You are supposed to mix them all up aren't you?

Oh dear deity, it's time for Woman's Hour.

Let me crawl to the wireless and switch it off.

Comment

Morning all

Chilly walk early this morning (7am) before running the Wife (tm) to the station.
                      Now sitting on a conf call learning about new corporate travel policy.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X