• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All,

In late again - decided to have breakfast in the canteen - which was nice.

Works night out tonight - the one for the teams, not the one for the management - so it should actually be fun and not full of egotistical *******

Happy Thursday

Comment

Still breathing, just about

Lunch was baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast.

Very nice, as is the 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

So I've twice found something more interesting to do than the thing I really need to be doing

Time to find someone to handle the none technical side of this work

This is only posted so that I actually do the latter rather than the far, far more interest piece of coding I've just identified..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Pâté on toast (wholemeal) for lunch

I still need to go into town to collect my Mum’s Christmas present. Might get around to it this afternoon; I really should walk, as it’s not very far, but the temptation is to take the car and then do the rest of the shopping after. Or maybe leave it until tomorrow morning and do everything then, as I could also pop to Halfords for a bike chain…

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            So I've twice found something more interesting to do than the thing I really need to be doing

Time to find someone to handle the none technical side of this work

This is only posted so that I actually do the latter rather than the far, far more interest piece of coding I've just identified..
            If it's more interesting than what I'm doing, I'll do it

Comment

Just convinced the PM on my project to cancel tomorrow's 0900 weekly team meeting.

It helps to be the 'voice of the business' and have such clout at times

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                If it's more interesting than what I'm doing, I'll do it
                It's writing marketing blurb for the 1st of the software packages I'm releasing - which is basically a ground up rebuild of the bits of a certain CRM package that are left after the second day of workshops when the customer has said:-

1) Yes tracking leads would actually be useful
                2) Separating leads from opportunities would be sensible
                3) We will not be doing Quotes on the system.
                4) Tracking sale fulfilment after the sale is done elsewhere and isn't of interest.

and

5) Yes we do handle complaints and other issues but we don't have Service level agreements and we don't have a call centre.
                6) All we really want is to know an issue has occurred, ensure it ends up with the appropriate people to fix it and confirm it's been resolved.

which was all covered before lunch on the first day but has since been triple checked as the workshops had been booked and free lunch had been included.

Oh and while the all singing / dancing bit is $115 a user a month this comes in at about $30 including the platform fee.

In fact that probably covers it.
                Last edited by eek; 5 December 2019, 13:46.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Just convinced the PM on my project to cancel tomorrow's 0900 weekly team meeting.

It helps to be the 'voice of the business' and have such clout at times
                  Surely it would have been better for it to be cancelled next Friday?

Comment

In other news my arm hurts where it got jabbed
                    Never had a problem with flue jab but pneumonia jab was awful. Now been about 2 months and its still hurts.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      In other news my arm hurts where it got jabbed.
                      Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Never had a problem with flue jab but pneumonia jab was awful. Now been about 2 months and its still hurts.
                      I had acupuncture on my dodgy knee the other day. Lots of needles and now it feels a lot better!

Go get some more holes poked in you
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X