• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Still crook, though slightly less crook than yesterday.

Going to bed was inneresting due to the overwhelming shivering making brushing of teeth a bit difficult.

Outside it's wet, warmer, grey, overcast, and depressing.

The door to the salting house let in a good deal of water yesterday.

I wish I could figure out where it comes in so I can fix it.

In a change to the usual order of things, the shirts are in the WM first today, should be done & ready for the TD by about Woman's Hour o'clock.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day, still quite breezy, but dry so far other than the general dampness of the atmosphere

Positively roasting out there though, at 11°C

Comment

Good morning

Raining. Rained overnight. Dark.

Got annoyed by R4 Today programme enough that it made me get out of bed. That is why I have it on my olde fashioned radio alarm clock. I used to use the R2 Vanessa Feltz show for similar 'get a move on' encouragement but I no longer need to get up that early any more.

Annoyed by work. Toying with letting the business be dictated to by IT because they're being too dumb to realise that what they're saying is giving IT opportunity to cut the scope.

Comment

Morning all
          TFIF, etc.
          Wet and windy here, filthy dog walk. Chickens and guineas not enjoying the weather.

Village Christmas dinner tonight. OK, I say it's the village, it's about 20 of us, including a couple who tend to ask the waiter for "6 bottles of your most expensive wine" without even looking at the list.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Morning all
            TFIF, etc.
            Wet and windy here, filthy dog walk. Chickens and guineas not enjoying the weather.

Village Christmas dinner tonight. OK, I say it's the village, it's about 20 of us, including a couple who tend to ask the waiter for "6 bottles of your most expensive wine" without even looking at the list.
            Are they the sort who only do that when the bill is shared?
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              morning

wet
              grey
              dank
              and some arse started up a fecking compressor and some sort of angle grinder next door at 08:30

bugger.
              ....and stopped using it at 09:10, after driving me out of my pit early.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                ....and stopped using it at 09:10, after driving me out of my pit early.

Maybe they stopped after someone complained...

Comment

Morning all.

It's just starting chucking it down here - really heavy. Luckily I can see sunshine in the distance so it might only be a sharp shower.

Comment

Just had a text message telling me I’ve got an appointment at the dentist next Wednesday. I could have sworn it was in January, but apparently not

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Just had a text message telling me I’ve got an appointment at the dentist next Wednesday. I could have sworn it was in January, but apparently not
                      Better turn up a month early than a month late

Comment

Working...
                      X