test please delete test please delete - Page 31907
Page 31907 of 32125 FirstFirst ... 30907314073180731857318973190531906319073190831909319173195732007 ... LastLast
Posts 319,061 to 319,070 of 321248

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    I think the lurgie is resurrecting itself as my alcohol level drops.
    Maybe you should drink enough to kill it off then?
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Godlike

I'm sure I had friends, once, long long ago, and far far way.

(
    were they electric?
    just askin' like

Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese early, as I’m meeting a friend for a drink later

And very nice it was

The Chinese, that is; I haven’t been for the drink yet.

Are there Other Customers Who Might Want To Talk To You?
    Thankfully no

Not sure they need that sort of thing here - it’s not like That London, you know

Looks like the weather is messed up again: it’ll rain tonight but not until about eleven o’clock, long after I’ve been to the Chinese and back. Won’t catch me that way, weather gods!
    The gods of the weather clearly knew I’d be walking back from the pub long before I even knew I’d be going there; got drenched coming home

Hubris, meet Nemesis

Anyway, an enjoyable evening. Now I need to decide what to have as a post-pub snack, and what to watch

Now I need to decide what to have as a post-pub snack, and what to watch
    The snack was a ham sandwich on sesame seed bloomer, as it turned out; very nice

The watching was going to be a continuation of the All Of James Bond project with Octopussy (1983). I’ve never seen this one before. And, having put up with it for forty minutes, I decided that it can stay that way, as it's absolutely terrible

Seriously, what a steaming pile of crap. When it thinks it’s being arch and clever it’s just corny, and when it thinks it’s being exciting it’s just clunky. The All Of James Bond project will henceforth be called the All Of James Bond Except That Flaming Heap Of Garbage Octopussy project

Having abandoned that waste of film, I instead embarked on S4 of The Wire with E1 Boys of Summer (TV Episode 2006) and E2 Soft Eyes (TV Episode 2006). Much better

Goodnight all

I Am Legend

CUK was down earlier. Well at least for me. Did admin forget to feed the server hamster.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Super poster

Morning folks.

Nice weekend so far down in Sussex. Visited my poorly Nan in hospital, much discussion about the care she needs and how the NHS just want the bed back. Also visited my oldest friend (known her since I was 17 or thereabouts) and her three riotous kids. Hubby was on a night shift and they were all in "show off to Auntie LM" mode which made me laugh but drove her up the wall. Mum is soon to make bacon sandwiches and then I'll decide whether to head home directly or go via the hospital for one last visit.

Weather seems nice down here. Blue skies through the crack in the curtains.

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post

Weather seems nice down here. Blue skies through the crack in the curtains.
    <-Nan.

The view through the gap between the curtains shows patches of blue interspersed with white.

Colder. 17.7 in here.

Dry.

Looks a bit windy.

Fecking terrible night again, endless coughing, <coughs again immediately after typing that> got up at some point and took some more benylin and gran marnier and some other cough mixture in a vain attempt to stop said coughing.

What helped most was pulling the sheet up over my face & breathing the warmer damper air without suffocating myself by farting too much.

It'll be a relief when this lurgie pisses off.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Super poster

Fecking terrible night again, endless coughing, <coughs again immediately after typing that> got up at some point and took some more benylin and gran marnier and some other cough mixture in a vain attempt to stop said coughing.

What helped most was pulling the sheet up over my face & breathing the warmer damper air without suffocating myself by farting too much.

It'll be a relief when this lurgie pisses off.

Oh no, I thought you were on the mend. As my Nan would say, a cold takes 7 days to clear if you do something about it and a week if you don't.

I think the mendy stage is some days off at the moment.

Stopping the uncontrollable coughing without using Zen meditation would be good too.

But there you go, worse things happen at sea, such as catching syphilis off the community blow up doll.
    When the fun stops, STOP.