test please delete test please delete - Page 31925
Page 31925 of 31925 FirstFirst ... 3092531425318253187531915319233192431925
Posts 319,241 to 319,247 of 319247

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    You should probably skip heading into Swansea this afternoon, should such a notion have occurred to you: Eight injured as Swansea University bus hits railway bridge - BBC News
    That looks nasty.

I remember sommat similar with a double decker on Dwr Y Felin road back in Ye Mystes of Tyme.

Mind you I also remember seeing someone (a fellow skoolboy) dead in the gutter on that road, though I can't remember the details from 1966.

As usual it's a temporary route change but under the circumstances wouldn't you be extra careful when the route is changed?

I think it might be here:

Google Maps

This is the route of the 10:

https://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/n...es/10web_1.pdf

Doesn't go anywhere near there.

Odd.

I think the 34 goes that way to get to the park & ride, it's altered so much around there recently.

Tea this evening shall be liver, bacon and onion gravy.

I think I'll get things moving.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today at 16:36.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I should think about getting a bag or two of the ground version of the coffee I buy, maybe. I'm lazy so probably won't
    This is my Bean-of-Choice over the past 12 months.

Buy Online BRAZIL COFFEE | Beans & Ground Coffee | Redber.co.uk — Redber Coffee

Ex-SAP Consultant, turned Coffee-Roaster.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

My post count is Majestic

Hair cut, monthly prescription collected, shopping done

The prescription was lacking the weird substitution, and also the thing for which it substitutes, which I queried. They couldn’t find it on their system and concluded that the doctor, when making the substitution, must have neglected to send it electronically, so there’s probably a paper one at the surgery for me to collect. Nobody, of course, having notified me of this

And it’s Thursday afternoon, so the surgery’s closed

Still, the pharmacist confirmed my theory that everybody who was being prescribed ranitidine is now being prescribed something else because of the product recall leading to a major shortage.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Sitting the lounge at GVA. It’s quite pleasant and has beer on tap (amongst other things). Shame I have to drive when I get back.
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

The Scotch broth has been moved along to phase 2; I’ll give it three hours or so before the reaping

This entailed extracting all the veg, which was in big pieces (half onions and so on), and chucking it in the blender; I don’t like chunky veg, or veg at all really, so that’s the only way to get myself to eat it. Then the bones were extracted along with the meat that had been left on them. Eight hours slow cooking had everything there falling to pieces, so the meat was peeled off and slung back in along with about eight ounces of the roast meat I’d reserved, all finely diced. And finally the “country soup mix” as Sainsbury’s have taken to labelling it: various dried peas, beans, lentils, and barley, which had been soaking since this morning.

And lots of freshly-ground black pepper to give it a bit of a kick

There should be enough soup at the end of it that I’ll be back to struggling to fit it all in the freezer, which is as it should be going into winter

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Tea this evening shall be liver, bacon and onion gravy.

I think I'll get things moving.
    And so I did.

Stages 1 & 2 done & dusted. Stage 3 happens tomorrow morning just after breakfast.

The liver was from Morrisons and cut rather thicker than I like but it was nice enough & since I didn't divide it into two portions, there was A Lot Of It, along with the unidentifiable bacon rashers, which were also quite nice.

I was incautious enough to consume a small quantity of the raw onion just before I started cooking and for a while I was wondering if I was going to throw it back up again.

In the event it was ok.

Sweet was stewed apple and custard which was pleasant, though the custard boiled over as I was engrossed in making the gravy, much to my enduring irritation.

All good, together with 1.05 pints of the Good Glengettie Tea.

Once I've had a shower it'll be time for Angel S4 E17, 18, 19 & 20 according to the crossover guide.

<hiatus>

How odd, I'd totally forgotten the tedium that is Jasmine.

There might just be a reason for that.

So E17 & 18 are all I can tolerate for now.

Now watching a thing on BBC4 about model railways.

See?

I really don't like Jasmine.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today at 21:13.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Tea tonight has been the rest of roast lamb (yes, there was more!), reheated in the oven, with chips and beans