• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    On the move again!

But my brother had to go without me, so no family lunch for me

Heading home instead.
    Oh no, what a shame

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      On the move again!

But my brother had to go without me, so no family lunch for me

Heading home instead.
      Bummer.

The hoi polloi were particularly stinky today.

I think it's the chap who leaves dandruff from his beard all over the keyboard of whichever box he's using.

Distinctly unhygienic.

I'm beginning to see where the chap who brings his own keyboard and mouse disinfection kit is coming from.

I'm tempted to take my own keyboard and mouse.

Since it's currently sunny & bright I'm going for a walk while it lasts.

< staggering up and down hill hiatus >

Walk walked, whereupon snow was spotted on the tops further up the valley boyo, there's tidy then.

It's a fine day but cold, and the semi gale is very very lazy.

Lots of tree drops littering the path, fortunately none chose to drop on my head.

Lunch today was a baked potato with baked beans.

It was nice enough, followed by a couple of beetroot sarnies and 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 December 2019, 13:28.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Made it home at last

Comment

Currently in the hell hole that is Manchester Airport. Decided against a train and got an Uber instead.

I had heard horror stories about security search and realised they are all true. My handbag went for secondary screening which meant a 20 min wait due to the exceptionally high rate of secondary searches being done (most were deserved - the woman who didn't take her laptop out of her bag, the man who was carrying wrapped presents, etc). When my turn came, the chap had no idea why mine had been selected. Hurray.

In the BA lounge making a dent in the gin stash. Wondering if the lounge next door (Priority Pass) has better food.

Comment

I use the train for the first time in ages, and both going and coming back I ended up claiming compensation for delays before I’d completed the journey. Should get 25% for yesterday and 100% for today. However, that won’t cover the cost of the additional ticket I needed to complete the journey back

Comment

I shall try not to be miserable.

Time to go back in the ptd time machine and see what I have missed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Century

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I've decided I like being in the 99 club so I avoided putting an extra post up
                  I do remember when someone(faqqer?) listed milleniums. There were mentions for those who got 999 and 001. With 30 seconds between posts it was tough.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Finally got around to watching Storyville Inside Lehman Brothers: The Whistleblowers. Interesting stuff.
                    Interesting. Entirely expected though. What gets me is how people like Dick Fuld sleep at night.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I shall try not to be miserable.

Time to go back in the ptd time machine and see what I have missed.

glad you're in one piece.
                      was it horsesh1t?
                      tramlines?
                      feckwit pedestrians?
                      or sniper fire?

Comment

Working...
                      X