• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am now going to head downstairs. That will take 10 minutes. I won't have the energy to get back upstairs for a few hours.

My dream now is to be able to have a bath! I don't smell yet - MrsBP will let me know when.

At least I am saving on laundry(Mundane and exciting).

I might even decide to grow a beard!

Comment

Morning all

It was dark when I got up since I woke at 06:00 for no readily discernable reason, got bored after an hour despite reading a little & listening to some R4 prog about corvids.

It was pissing down just now but there's a simponsesque type wedge of sky visible through the gap in the curtains.

Relatively mild in here at 18.2 deg.

The intervening time has been occupied by watching the commentary on BTVS S7 E22 and now the S4 synopsis for Angel.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

hissed down overnight, but CBSWFB now.

Comment

Morning

Lying in bed, reading bits of news while sipping a coffee. I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning and, having seen the effect of the weekend on my weight, it's bread and gruel until Christmas

Busy day today. Ocado delivery between 1100 and 1200. Then hairdresser at 1230 to cover up the greys. Then off to Argos to pick up presents for my friends kids. Pop into Boots for some face tulipe my nephew wants and then into M&S as I think they may have nice packs of cards. HWMBO wants to go to Bayswater for a specific shop there so he'll be doing that while I'm getting my hair done and then we'll meet somewhere for a glass of lunch. (So much for the bread and gruel!)

I have bags of stuff I really ought to drop off at the charity shop. May take one of them out with me today.

Comment

Dark washing on.
            I like doing it on Sunday, reminds me of the Swiss washing machine police in Basel.
            fecking glass navel brigade.
            a whole nation of pucker mouthed anal retentives.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Woke up about nine, immediately fell asleep again, and woke up properly at a minute after noon. Feeling somewhat refreshed and recovered now

Sunny out, though the white fluffiness is mainly of the high wispy variety rather than the lower cotton wool kind, which I suspect is associated with temporary respite from gloom rather than a long hot winter. Only about 6°C out there too, though that’s an improvement on 2°

Comment

Just noticed on Sunrise and sunset times in Leicester that the earliest sunset here was on Friday (in the notes at the bottom). Soon be summer!

Comment

^^^ It's yer equation of time, butty bach.

Afternoon all.

There's some daft tory bint on the wireless waffling on about the sunlit uplands and high productivity economy.

As if.

Lunch was roast lamb, rather than bisecting said leg, I cooked the lot and very nice it turned out to be.

Followed as ever by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Having done the dishes, I'm sat down preparing myself for the excitement of the Sunday afternoon shop.

Weatherwise, it's intermittently sunny, windy, cold, pissing down and dry.

Rinse & repeat at nauseam. .
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    it's bread and gruel until Christmas
                    Not a great diet. Just stick to vegetables.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      the Swiss washing machine police in Basel.
                      What was the penalty for getting socks out of pair?

Comment

Working...
                      X