• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And as a followup to yesterday’s jean wash, the mundane laundry is on

Comment

Well, here I am again. “W”FH with the grey clouds and pouring rain outside.

Only a few more days until I can shut the book on what’s been the worst year in some time. One contract not renewed after inter-consultancy/client politics, one had to finish because of health problems, one terminated early because the consultancy couldn’t get their person spec accurate. Here I am in yet another permie senior engineer role, bored out of my tree and with no change in sight - contract or permie. Spent months out of contract this year for the first time in my 10 years contracting.

The house is in a state and needs work doing, but as a permie I don’t have the readies. The kids are running me ragged. The school nurse team have decided that CovKid isn’t autistic enough to warrant any further attention, which means we have to deal with him on our own as best we can.

It’s days like this when I really wonder why I bother. I really don’t think I can do another year of this, just getting older and sadder with no prospect of change.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        It’s days like this when I really wonder why I bother. I really don’t think I can do another year of this, just getting older and sadder with no prospect of change.
        <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          <- manly
          WNFS (but less manly as I'm not a man...)

Comment

Busy day but actually interesting.

Doing number crunching to see what the wind speed and direction is when we have arrivals go-arounds and whether there's a tendency for more issues on one runway vs another. A colleague and I have noticed that there can be a 10 degree difference in wind direction, as detected by the anemometers, probably due to buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Busy day but actually interesting.

Doing number crunching to see what the wind speed and direction is when we have arrivals go-arounds and whether there's a tendency for more issues on one runway vs another. A colleague and I have noticed that there can be a 10 degree difference in wind direction, as detected by the anemometers, probably due to buildings.
              Good stuff!

Do you have info about the intended accuracy of the anemometers? Maybe they’re cheap knockoff ones off AliExpress

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Good stuff!

Do you have info about the intended accuracy of the anemometers? Maybe they’re cheap knockoff ones off AliExpress
                Hopefully not. But the Met office can be cheap

Comment

Lunch was baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, with 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Thereafter the sky cleared, became blue in parts, so a walk was walked for the first time since ?Tuesday?.

Judging by the state of some of the paths, they've turned into rivers in the last couple of days, but it was nice getting out of the house for a while.

The freecell excitement was dire this afternoon, being back to 80% again.

Tea this evening is M&S breaded haddock followed by 1.05 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The commentaries on Angel S5 E12 & 15 were watched earlier, so it's E16, 17, 18, & 19 this evening.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Date night with HWMBO. Off out for cocktails and dinner.

Busy day tomorrow which will be a challenge with what is likely to be a sore head.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Date night with HWMBO. Off out for cocktails and dinner.

Busy day tomorrow which will be a challenge with what is likely to be a sore head.
                      You managed last week and your head must have been even sorer after the CUK do

Comment

Working...
                      X